Elephant Hill Canyonlands Needles District

• HTML tutorial

Anchor Mtn

US Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fruita, Colorado
Member #

I just pulled my permit for a day trip to Elephant Hill in Canyonlands Needles District for tomorrow. Day trip permits are only available 24hrs in advance and they are limited.

Get your Day trip/Overnight permits for Canyonlands(White Rim, Elephant Hill, Lavender Basin) here: https://canypermits.nps.gov/

Its going to be a fun day out of the shop and I will post pictures on my return.

#outfitandexplore

Anchor Mtn

US Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fruita, Colorado
Member #

We had a great trip. The whole trail took about 4 hours to run. We went south to SOB hill and North to the Confluence Overlook.... a must do. It was pretty hot for it to still be technically winter (89degF) so we were stopping and handing out cold water to hikers when we saw them. I took a few pictures and some video that I'm still picking through. We only saw one other vehicle the entire trail. It was a bone stock JKU sport and he struggled in a few spots.

The Needles Outpost is open for the season and they have unleaded fuel only. The Outpost is up for sale at an Auction at the end of may so you may want to call ahead this summer to see what's going on.

We also made a little side trip to Beef Basin trail while we were down there. There is still too much snow and mud to connect the two trails...maybe next month.
IMG_20170318_214946_371.jpg
IMG_20170318_214946_388.jpgIMG_20170318_214946_438.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app

Attachments