Helena, MT
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Leak
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I'm assuming electrics (2nd battery charger, controller, etc.) are Base Camp Gear.

I'm contemplating/designing my future power setup for my '16 LC. There's not a lot of room in the engine bay for much, so I'm thinking about mounting my charger/controller modules (CTEK) on the front of my Frontrunner drawers behind the 2nd row seats. I got some heavy duty velcro rolls that have worked for other things, but wonder if they'll hold up for the modules. They're not particularly heavy. I also have a Blue Sea circuit box I'll mount nearby to power lights, USB ports, a fridge, and such, on a panel on the rear side plate. Any experience or ideas?

Sparky

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Jose, California
Member #

I'm currently using a heavy duty type of Velcro to secure a Blue Sea ACR, fuse block, and battery switch in the engine compartment. I'm mocking up a more permanent solution using either stainless steel of polyboard but wanted to make sure the system was meeting my needs first. I've taken several trips with this setup and haven't had any issues with things coming loose.

What I used is not actually Velcro but a product from 3M called Dual Lock. It creates a very secure engagement without the lateral play you usually get with traditional velcro. It may be worth checking into if you've got reservations with whatever you have now, could be a good semi-permanent type solution.