ian.anderson

Rank III

Contributor III

Montrose, CO, USA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Anderson
Hey guys my name is Ian and I'm new to the forums but I thought it would be valuable to share some info about this cool startup I'm working at right now. We manufacture portable shower systems that are ideal for multi day overlanding where you're not going to get an opportunity to refill your fresh water supply. Our shower, the Geyser uses less than a gallon of water to deliver a hot shower anywhere, and with very little impact on your water supply. If you're interested feel free to reply and I'd love to give you guys more information.

We're also 100% assembled in Montrose, CO and if you're ever in the area feel free to come by our shop. Always happy to see friendly faces. Cheers escalante-2_2.7.1 (1).pngjonathan-shower-escalante--3_2.1.3 (1).png

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
Post a link so we can see the details. Looks interesting. Not $$$$ interesting, but interesting if price is right. TIA.

terryg

Rank V

Pathfinder III

Nixa, MO, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Gandy
Member #

I have the Geyser system (w/o the internal water heater). I bought it for it's size, efficiency and simplicity. Now, I have not had an opportunity to use it, but expect good things.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
looks promising...

i checked out your website and have a few questions:
is the flow controllable, or is it a set rate? i couldnt tell if there was a valve at the end of the hose where the qd is.
i currently use a 1 gal bug sprayer and heat water and have decent results, but the flow diminishes as the pressure decreases with use and usually needs to be pumped up again right at the moment i have soap in my eyes. the 12v pump definitely resolves that issue.
how does the scrubber work? seems that if i use it with soap, then it would take a decent amount of water to flush the soap out of the pad to get a clean rinse. i was on subs in the navy and water was scarse and we basically just got wet, cut the water, soap up, rinse real quick and get out before the other sailors started bitching about hogging up water. using a washcloth was hard to do because there really wasnt water available to rinse it out good so i'm just wondering how the scrubber works for that since it is an integrated part of the system and has to be used for rinsing after soaping. with my bug sprayer, i can use a washcloth with soap, and then leave it soapy after for next time and get a good rinse with the spray nozzle.
not trying to make this complicated, but .8 gal of water really doesnt allow for a lot of soap removal, especially if you have a pad full of suds

Last edited:

ian.anderson

Rank III

Contributor III

Montrose, CO, USA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Anderson
looks promising...

i checked out your website and have a few questions:
is the flow controllable, or is it a set rate? i couldnt tell if there was a valve at the end of the hose where the qd is.
i currently use a 1 gal bug sprayer and heat water and have decent results, but the flow diminishes as the pressure decreases with use and usually needs to be pumped up again right at the moment i have soap in my eyes. the 12v pump definitely resolves that issue.
how does the scrubber work? seems that if i use it with soap, then it would take a decent amount of water to flush the soap out of the pad to get a clean rinse. i was on subs in the navy and water was scarse and we basically just got wet, cut the water, soap up, rinse real quick and get out before the other sailors started bitching about hogging up water. using a washcloth was hard to do because there really wasnt water available to rinse it out good so i'm just wondering how the scrubber works for that since it is an integrated part of the system.
not trying to make this complicated, but .8 gal of water really doesnt allow for a lot of soap removal, especially if you have a pad full of suds
Yes we do have a valve on the shower hose so you can choose your desired flow rate.

Our pump works like your heart, the more water you need the faster it will pump.

When I use the Geyser I use about 60% of my water scrubbing with soap, then I open the valve to full blast and squeeze the scrub for a hot rinse. You also have the option to remove the scrub and rinse with free flowing water. I almost always have enough water for a refreshing rinse after scrubbing, often there's enough water in the tank to shower two people. It's remarkable how little water it really takes to clean yourself, and how much water falls straight to the ground with traditional showers. It may be hard to visualize, but with the Geyser almost no water is lost and all your water is put to use.

Hope this helps :)

Reactions: thorstenson203

socal66

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Covina, CA, USA
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Sampson
Member #

I have the non-heated version. A quick JetBoil of water plus non-heated water to the fill line gives a good temperature. The concept of washing with the scrub pads and low volume water did work initially however the control valve is flimsy and after a few uses it leaks and shoots water everywhere unless you are at full flow which then drains your water in no time. I wish that the control valve was more durable and of a higher quality as it is literally the weakest link in the water delivery system. I am contemplating making a DIY version that would utilize one of those inexpensive Amazon water pumps to pull water from a jerry can and deliver it through a small diameter hose to a scrub pad as a replacement.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Yes we do have a valve on the shower hose so you can choose your desired flow rate.

Our pump works like your heart, the more water you need the faster it will pump.

When I use the Geyser I use about 60% of my water scrubbing with soap, then I open the valve to full blast and squeeze the scrub for a hot rinse. You also have the option to remove the scrub and rinse with free flowing water. I almost always have enough water for a refreshing rinse after scrubbing, often there's enough water in the tank to shower two people. It's remarkable how little water it really takes to clean yourself, and how much water falls straight to the ground with traditional showers. It may be hard to visualize, but with the Geyser almost no water is lost and all your water is put to use.

Hope this helps :)
yeah, great info!
youre right about water loss...my bug sprayer set up does waste about half of the water used, so it is not very efficient. i didnt realize you could remove your scrubber pad to rinse, so that is a nice option, but sounds like its not necessary.
sounds like a very good design

Reactions: ian.anderson