Easy Fall Colors Trail In Southern California

• HTML tutorial

AliK53

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

My wife just gave birth to our first child two weeks ago, and now that she's recovered slightly, I want to take her and the newborn (baby mostly because it has to tag along) to see the fall colors before they are gone. Since she still has quite a bit of recovery, I don't want to take her on anything even moderately difficult.

Does anyone know of a good flat dirt-road trail or just a scenic drive to go see the fall colors right now? I live in Orange County, but can drive a bit out of the way if needed. Since we have a newborn, I'd rather not go somewhere that is 5+ hours of driving just to get there.

I just moved out here a few months ago so I don't know much of the area. Any help is appreciated!

Reactions: Kent R

Tahoe.Adventures

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Corona, CA
Member #

My wife just gave birth to our first child two weeks ago, and now that she's recovered slightly, I want to take her and the newborn (baby mostly because it has to tag along) to see the fall colors before they are gone. Since she still has quite a bit of recovery, I don't want to take her on anything even moderately difficult.

Does anyone know of a good flat dirt-road trail or just a scenic drive to go see the fall colors right now? I live in Orange County, but can drive a bit out of the way if needed. Since we have a newborn, I'd rather not go somewhere that is 5+ hours of driving just to get there.

I just moved out here a few months ago so I don't know much of the area. Any help is appreciated!
Hey! Plenty of good places out here by the San Bernardino mountains. You can go to Angelus Oaks, which is just about 1-1.5 hours away from Orange County. I was just up there two weeks ago, awesome colors. You can see some pics on my Instagram account: @Tahoe.Adventures

I can give you some specific coordinates if you'd like? No tough trails really, mainly road and very little dirt.

AliK53

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hey! Plenty of good places out here by the San Bernardino mountains. You can go to Angelus Oaks, which is just about 1-1.5 hours away from Orange County. I was just up there two weeks ago, awesome colors. You can see some pics on my Instagram account: @Tahoe.Adventures

I can give you some specific coordinates if you'd like? No tough trails really, mainly road and very little dirt.
Yes coordinates would be great! Do you think there’s still time for colors? We’re starting to approach mid November.

Reactions: Tahoe.Adventures

Tahoe.Adventures

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Corona, CA
Member #

Yes coordinates would be great! Do you think there’s still time for colors? We’re starting to approach mid November.
This is just a short dirt road that leads to a hiking trail, nothing a regular car cant make. And its just off the main road.
34.162293, -116.904880

I believe there is still plenty of color on the trees as it hasn't been too cold and no rain for a few weeks.

Reactions: AliK53