Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

There was a guy (from Seattle?) Michael interviewed, about his rig and XV-2 trailer, who had one that worked slick. Seemed to think the guy wasn't into doing them, though, if I recall correctly. I've actually been looking for that interview, as I wanted to see again what they discussed about the X2. I think the fellow interviewed was a photographer.

Find that interview, and you should be able to find out who made his cool drop-down slide.

Reactions: DaveEli

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I believe you are referring to LawnDart and he has a Tembo Tusk slide.
Yep, you're absolutely right, reidbailey, Lawndart from Portland, and it's an XV-3 trailer from Schutt. Thank you.

DavEli, they talk about the drop down fridge slide at around 13:40 in this vid: https://www.overlandbound.com/trd-pro-4runner-long-travel-build/ , though I don't know if that will help you. Tembo Tusk's slides are here: https://tembotusk.myshopify.com/collections/fridge-cargo-slides?page=1

Last edited:

TerraCrawler

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Sweetwater, TN
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Feeny
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK5NL
My understanding is Tembo Tusk has stopped manufacturing of their Load Spotter Drop Slide. I thought I wanted one, but now I do not. Originally I was going to put drawers along the entire bottom of my hatch area like Lawndart. When you do this, the fridge is high, and you need either a tilt slide or a drop slide. But if you watch Lawndart activate his drop slide, it takes quite a bit of work. I decided to just put a fridge slide on one side, and a double stack of drawers on the other. So now no drop slide needed. Another thing, the Tembo Tusk Slide I believe was quite expensive, maybe $1100 or more.