Download Links:: KY and surrounding area Overlanding Info (I have so far)

• HTML tutorial

RevJackDaniel

Rank II
Launch Member

Member I

Elizabethtown, KY
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Taylor
Member #

GPS Tours

Daniel Boone Backwoods Byway
You can Google it and pay for the official download. But it is lame cause you have to use a special app.
Message me your Gaia email and I will share with you the homemade one I have.

KAT. (This is a 1000 miles). I have done 95% of it and It is amazing.
It’s free to download. And check for new downloads often. He updates it with more dirt regularly.

Kentucky Adventure Tour

Everything below, I haven’t been on myself, but they are on my huge bucket list.
THOR
Trans-Hoosier Overland Route

TAT
Trans-American Tour

4x4’s
Larger Community

Founder: SAM

Expanded and updated tracks: GPSKevin

Trans America Motorcycle Trail (google map)

TAT stickers

One Man Trail - Continental Divide Tour
By One Man Trail

Download Map:

THE APPALACHIAN BYWAY

Interlake OHV Trail.
38.20258, -87.23848 I think…double check me before planning a trip

a nearby easy day loop and such.
Interlake OHV Trail is a 19 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Tennyson, Indiana that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for off road driving.

PDF brochure: https://www.in.gov/dnr/outdoor/files/or-InterlakeMap.pdf

Cant find the gpx. Files yet. But it looks more like a Off road park anyway.

Beach Overlanding
Cape Hatteras

Cape Lookout

Ferry and cabins

Apps
GPX file Navigation

Radio Communications

FRS
The Family Radio Service (FRS) is an improved walkie-talkie radio system authorized in the United States since 1996. This personal radio service uses channelized frequencies around 462 and 467 MHz in the ultra high frequency (UHF) band. It does not suffer the interference effects found on citizens' band (CB) at 27 MHz,

After May 18, 2017, FRS radios are limited to 2 Watts on channel 1-7 and channels 15-22.[1] Previously, FRS radios were limited to 500 milliwatts. All 22 Channels are shared with the General Mobile Radio Service (GMRS).

All equipment used on FRS must be certified according to FCC regulations. Radios are not certified for use in this service if they exceed limits on power output, have a detachable antenna, allow for unauthorized selection of transmitting frequencies outside of the 22 frequencies designated for FRS, or for other reasons.[2][3] After December 2017, the FCC no longer accepts applications to certify hand-held FRS units providing for transmission in any other radio band.
FRS radios must use only permanently attached antennas,[2]; there are also table-top FRS "base station" radios that have whip antennas. This limitation intentionally restricts the range of communications, allowing greatest use of the available channels by the community. The use of duplex radio repeaters and interconnects to the telephone network are prohibited under FRS rules.
FRS manufacturers generally claim deceptively exaggerated range. The presence of large buildings, trees, etc., will reduce range. Under exceptional conditions, (such as hilltop to hilltop, or over open water) communication is possible at 60 km (37 mi) or more, but that is rare. Under normal conditions, with line of sight blocked by a few buildings or trees, FRS has an actual range of about 0.5 to 1.5 km (0.3 to 1 mile).

Links:

Offroad Tracks – Taking the routes less traveled.
Kentucky Woods Cabin Vacation Rental - The General's Cabin - Photos
Green Pastures Getaway

10 More Mom & Pop Restaurants In Kentucky That Serve Mouthwatering Meals

The Dyrt | A Better Way to Search for Campgrounds
Daniel Boone National Forest - Maps & Publications
USFS Interactive map

Fire Safety

Advocate III

Yorktown, Indiana, United States
First Name
Jasen
Last Name
Ulmer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9HBC
GPS Tours

Daniel Boone Backwoods Byway
You can Google it and pay for the official download. But it is lame cause you have to use a special app.
Message me your Gaia email and I will share with you the homemade one I have.

KAT. (This is a 1000 miles). I have done 95% of it and It is amazing.
It’s free to download. And check for new downloads often. He updates it with more dirt regularly.

Kentucky Adventure Tour

Everything below, I haven’t been on myself, but they are on my huge bucket list.
THOR
Trans-Hoosier Overland Route

TAT
Trans-American Tour

4x4’s
Larger Community

Founder: SAM

Expanded and updated tracks: GPSKevin

Trans America Motorcycle Trail (google map)

TAT stickers

One Man Trail - Continental Divide Tour
By One Man Trail

Download Map:

THE APPALACHIAN BYWAY

Interlake OHV Trail.
38.20258, -87.23848 I think…double check me before planning a trip

a nearby easy day loop and such.
Interlake OHV Trail is a 19 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Tennyson, Indiana that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for off road driving.

PDF brochure: https://www.in.gov/dnr/outdoor/files/or-InterlakeMap.pdf

Cant find the gpx. Files yet. But it looks more like a Off road park anyway.

Beach Overlanding
Cape Hatteras

Cape Lookout

Ferry and cabins

Apps
GPX file Navigation

Radio Communications

FRS
The Family Radio Service (FRS) is an improved walkie-talkie radio system authorized in the United States since 1996. This personal radio service uses channelized frequencies around 462 and 467 MHz in the ultra high frequency (UHF) band. It does not suffer the interference effects found on citizens' band (CB) at 27 MHz,

After May 18, 2017, FRS radios are limited to 2 Watts on channel 1-7 and channels 15-22.[1] Previously, FRS radios were limited to 500 milliwatts. All 22 Channels are shared with the General Mobile Radio Service (GMRS).

All equipment used on FRS must be certified according to FCC regulations. Radios are not certified for use in this service if they exceed limits on power output, have a detachable antenna, allow for unauthorized selection of transmitting frequencies outside of the 22 frequencies designated for FRS, or for other reasons.[2][3] After December 2017, the FCC no longer accepts applications to certify hand-held FRS units providing for transmission in any other radio band.
FRS radios must use only permanently attached antennas,[2]; there are also table-top FRS "base station" radios that have whip antennas. This limitation intentionally restricts the range of communications, allowing greatest use of the available channels by the community. The use of duplex radio repeaters and interconnects to the telephone network are prohibited under FRS rules.
FRS manufacturers generally claim deceptively exaggerated range. The presence of large buildings, trees, etc., will reduce range. Under exceptional conditions, (such as hilltop to hilltop, or over open water) communication is possible at 60 km (37 mi) or more, but that is rare. Under normal conditions, with line of sight blocked by a few buildings or trees, FRS has an actual range of about 0.5 to 1.5 km (0.3 to 1 mile).

Links:

Offroad Tracks – Taking the routes less traveled.
Kentucky Woods Cabin Vacation Rental - The General's Cabin - Photos
Green Pastures Getaway

10 More Mom & Pop Restaurants In Kentucky That Serve Mouthwatering Meals

The Dyrt | A Better Way to Search for Campgrounds
Daniel Boone National Forest - Maps & Publications
USFS Interactive map

Fire Safety
DBBB Map link for Gaia users, if anyone is interested.

TacoMacs

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Louisville, KY, USA
First Name
DarinAndJen
Last Name
TacoMacs
Member #

Question about the DBBB. We've been on a VERY SMALL section of the DBBB but have not gone it's entirety. We're in a currently stock 2020 Tacoma TRD Off Road. Is the DBBB something we could easily navigate if careful or is this like the KAT that we would not want to go alone on? Thanks.

Advocate III

Yorktown, Indiana, United States
First Name
Jasen
Last Name
Ulmer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9HBC
Question about the DBBB. We've been on a VERY SMALL section of the DBBB but have not gone it's entirety. We're in a currently stock 2020 Tacoma TRD Off Road. Is the DBBB something we could easily navigate if careful or is this like the KAT that we would not want to go alone on? Thanks.
Most of the DBBB would be passable in a stock Tacoma. The parts I would be concerned about are in the southern part. Walker Creek can be deep at times. The rock obstacle on Old Fincastle Road would be very difficult. I never recommend offroading alone. As long as you have the means to self-recover, you should be OK on the rest of it. There are bypasses on many of the obstacles.