Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Lets see some pictures once you get everything set up. I've had mine on my M-100 for over a decade. Mounting it on my TJ was never an option. What was nice was how easy it is to level a trailer.

Reactions: MOAK

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Lets see some pictures once you get everything set up. I've had mine on my M-100 for over a decade. Mounting it on my TJ was never an option. What was nice was how easy it is to level a trailer.
I’ve been photo documenting the entire tear down and rebuild of my trailer. Beginning with the addition of a very sturdy 2x2 1/8” walled sub frame. Thankfully we have a club member that designs and builds micro brewery plumbing and tank work. Got top dollar work done for peanuts.. which tent do you have?

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
I have one of the original Mombasa RTT's. When I got it, you only had one or two manufactures to choose from. When the main cover zipper wore out I replaced it with one from Tepui. I have camped in it all four seasons and endured 40+ mph winds. The only thing's I would change are, add a mattress topper and one of those diesel heaters plumbed in from the lower vent for when its real cold out.

Reactions: MOAK

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

I use a telescoping boat hook to do things like open and close my RTT and pull stuff out of the bed. Doing things usually alone one has to innovate. I'm in pretty good shape for 67 but working harder is not part of the plan.
Im going ro have to get a telescoping boat hook!

My vehicle is a 2014 GmC Sierra with a Leer camp shell on the bed, and a Trac Rac rack on top of the shell. I usually camp in a ground tent. I often put a kayak up on the top so a RTT is not for me, although I like the concept and look of them when they are all opened up.

My last camping trip, I just tossed an air mattress and sleeping bag in back of the truck and the Beagle and I were quite comfortable.
The Leer shell was more secure than any tent, and I neither had to work at ground level, nor had to reach above my head. So I may be going this route from now on

Reactions: Viking1204

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Im going ro have to get a telescoping boat hook!

My vehicle is a 2014 GmC Sierra with a Leer camp shell on the bed, and a Trac Rac rack on top of the shell. I usually camp in a ground tent. I often put a kayak up on the top so a RTT is not for me, although I like the concept and look of them when they are all opened up.

My last camping trip, I just tossed an air mattress and sleeping bag in back of the truck and the Beagle and I were quite comfortable.
The Leer shell was more secure than any tent, and I neither had to work at ground level, nor had to reach above my head. So I may be going this route from now on
I've hauled a kayak on top of my RTT. Just turned the kayak upside down and secured it on top of the folded RTT with a couple of ratchet straps. I'm pretty sure I could have hauled two up there if I wanted too. That's the good thing about the RTT tents having an diamond plated aluminum bottom and top when closed up.

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

I bet you could get at least one kayak -maybe two - up there. The thing for me is, I have the Leer 180 camper shell on there. It rises about 4 inches higher than the cab. On top of that is the rack, which is another 4 to 6 inches higher still. So, I'm getting into "needing a ladder" territory if I want to add a RTT and then put kayaks on top of all that. So for me, personally, it doesnt work. Since I have the camper shell to begin with, I already have a nice, safe, secure place to sleep and have no need for the RTT.

Reactions: Viking1204