Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

Only is looing kind cheap is air fill port made of plastic and rubber, when OEM Nissan is metal. But since they tuck away it should be fine in trail.
That was my last upgrade after many years are using OEM wheels with not truth 34's. I did lots camping upgrades to dial in for my preference and comfort, but always wanted 35's as little wider and helps on trail to stay on wheels. 20210915_102838.jpg20210915_102838.jpg20220920_191619.jpg20210915_102838.jpg20220922_080038.jpg

Advocate I

Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Member #

Only look into beadlocks if you are willing to put in the maintenance time. I have been looking at getting them for a few years but haven't really needed them.
I run my TJ ( a lighter vehicle than yours I know lol) at 6 psi on the trail. If your going slow and crawling, most of the time it's not needed, if you are hitting the rev limiter than ya sure. And if you are running through the desert at high speeds they would likely help keep the beads in place.
But need need to keep an eye on the bokts on the lock rings because they love to come loose.

Attachments

phlfly

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

I wanted this as I do a alone (w family) exploration so more traction at low pressure is important to me, it's a heavy truck so to be stuck is big deal.

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I run a true dual beadlock wheel from Hutchinson.

They are a bit heavy, but they lock both the inner and the outer bead, and the DOT approved.

Ken
Even though I said I don't think I need a beadlock earlier in this thread, if those had been available in a 8x170 pattern I'd probably have gone that route (since they're DOT legal).

-TJ

Reactions: Ken M

phlfly

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

It was great I did over summer for 3 weeks off road . Also I did NC Beach at about 12 psi no issues at all 4 wd hi

Reactions: DangitDad