Rank III

Enthusiast I

Thousand Oaks, CA, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Fitzgerald
Member #

I'll be taking my son up to Chico to check out the college first week in November and plan hit Yosemite and the surrounding area on the way back to So Cal. Any recommendations on scenic camping off the beaten path? We've dropped on few pins on GAIA for Lumdsen, South Fork, Cherry Valley etc..... but would love to hear from the OB knowledge base with suggestions and any GPS coordinates you'd be willing to share. Thanks in advance for any suggestions...Fitz

Reactions: WTSMatt

WTSMatt

Rank V

Advocate I

Monterey, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Stoddard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6TZY
Service Branch
Fire
Would love this info as well as GF and I want a weekend away mid-November and the Sierra NF/Sequoia NF is the closest.

slomatt

Rank V

Influencer I

Bay Area, CA
Here are some possibilities south of Yosemite near the Nelder Grove and Bass Lake. You might want to check if any of these were effected by the recent fires.

37.41631, -119.58420 : Semi-developed campsite but looked pretty nice when we drove by.

37.41623, -119.55526 : Multiple dispersed campsites along a small creek. If you continue east on the dirt road and then cross (through) Willow Creek there are more sites on the other side.

37.39367, -119.56424 : Interesting granite slabs with a river running over them. There's developed camping on the road north of this point.

Fitz1966

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Thousand Oaks, CA, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Fitzgerald
Member #

Here are some possibilities south of Yosemite near the Nelder Grove and Bass Lake. You might want to check if any of these were effected by the recent fires.

37.41631, -119.58420 : Semi-developed campsite but looked pretty nice when we drove by.

37.41623, -119.55526 : Multiple dispersed campsites along a small creek. If you continue east on the dirt road and then cross (through) Willow Creek there are more sites on the other side.

37.39367, -119.56424 : Interesting granite slabs with a river running over them. There's developed camping on the road north of this point.
Thanks again for this info...dropped everything into GAIA and headed out next Thurs. Will be sure to provide any helpful info on these sites, and any other potential gems we might find along the way. Cheers, Fitz

Reactions: Narwhal and slomatt