Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wetumpka, AL, USA
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Hoggard
Member #

Well, while I will miss the ZR2, I am not missing that payment. I went online, put in my max price, and the only other parameter was it had to be 4WD. i ended up finding a 2012 WK2 Limited at a great price. I have some big plans for this build, and with the extra money I am saving on payment, this build should go quite a bit faster than my previous.

So far, I have started de-chroming (so much chrome on this thing!) and I am installing a RRO leveling kit, Bora 1.25" spacers, and Rubicon rims and tires when I get home tonight.

My family and I took a trip down to Alabama this past weekend, and the snow was beautiful. It drives extremely smooth, and I am looking forward to hitting the trails again soon.

Pics so far:
DSC_0435 by Neil Hoggard, on Flickr

20171209_075351 by Neil Hoggard, on Flickr

20171209_080314 by Neil Hoggard, on Flickr

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
That is a sweet looking ride. The Rubicon wheels look nice, but so do the stock ones...

Wayward Overland

Rank III
Founder 500

Off-Road Ranger I

Tampa, FL
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Redding
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4LXY
Do you play The Division?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Directive51

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wetumpka, AL, USA
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Hoggard
Member #

Which 4WD drive system did you get? Limited is likely Quadra Drive II?
You are correct, sir.

I need to talk my wife into those wheels. They look good on this.
I just found a set of take-offs on facebook. The guy had just bought his Rubicon, and only had 300 miles on the odometer. Just keep an eye out and there are some great deals to be had.

Do you play The Division?
Yes, I love the story of that game, and being a bit of a prepper and a nerd, I wanted to build what I thought would be a SHD agent's vehicle.

Wayward Overland

Rank III
Founder 500

Off-Road Ranger I

Tampa, FL
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Redding
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4LXY
You are correct, sir.

I just found a set of take-offs on facebook. The guy had just bought his Rubicon, and only had 300 miles on the odometer. Just keep an eye out and there are some great deals to be had.

Yes, I love the story of that game, and being a bit of a prepper and a nerd, I wanted to build what I thought would be a SHD agent's vehicle.
That’s awesome!

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Silverback_WK2

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tontitown, AR
Member #

RRO leveling kit, Bora spacers, and rubicon wheels and tires are installed. Next, deciding on a roof platform.

20171216_130416 by Neil Hoggard, on Flickr
Looks good! Love the Rubicon take off's!
I, too, have a WK2 I'm slowly building.
I went with a ROLA roof basket. It looks good, functional, and didn't sink my bank account.
Only thing I'd like to add to mine is the RRO hidden winch system/Chief front recovery hooks and maybe some more lighting on top.
I've recently tackled a trailer build and will be using a RTT (researching what RTT to go with now) on it.
Can't wait to see more of your rig posted.

Reactions: Bojak4909

Directive51

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wetumpka, AL, USA
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Hoggard
Member #

Thanks guys. Im looking for a roof rack mainly so I can mount the spare to the roof, and build/buy a drawer system for the rear. It would also be great to be able to mount traction mats, rotopax, and hi-lift to the rack.
DSC_0016 by Neil Hoggard, on Flickr

GPsGeeps

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Thanks guys. Im looking for a roof rack mainly so I can mount the spare to the roof, and build/buy a drawer system for the rear. It would also be great to be able to mount traction mats, rotopax, and hi-lift to the rack.
DSC_0016 by Neil Hoggard, on Flickr
Since you're mentioning storing a spare tire, might I suggest looking into a hitchgate? Getting a heavy spare off of the roof wouldn't be fun. I have a rotopax and tire mounted on my Wilco Hitchgate Solo. And it also has a slot for a Hi-Lift, as well. You could also strap traction mats onto the tire, as I've seen many people do.

2180miles

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wake Forest, NC, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
McKee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1TXO
Looks great! Seems like a rather niche community of those of us modding WK2s. Look forward to seeing yours unfold.