Malibu38368

Rank II

Traveler III

Riverside, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Bechen
Hey all! This is probably a really, really long shot, but... is there any chance that someone here might know where Pederson's Pole was. Or even better, an idea of how to get there? As far as I know, it was just a limbed tree, maybe an actual pole, that had a platform at the top. Was erected sometime in the early postwar years, I think.

As far as I know, it's long since fallen down. My dad swears that he found it once, on accident, but was never able to locate it again. I know for a fact that my grandfather knew how to find it, but he passed in 1986, sadly. Anyway, it's like, the one landmark that I've never been able to track down, and it bugs me now and again. Like, now. Don't really know what else to say about it... pretty sure that it was in Jackson County, but might've been towards the western reaches of Klamath County. My understanding is that it was somewhere between the Green Springs Highway and OR140, but that's a pretty damn large tract to go hunting around in. It's one of those places I've always wanted to go see, just because. Mostly because my grandfather would set up deer camps there sometimes, I guess.

Anyway, if anyone has any idea what I'm talking about, or idea of where I might start looking... I'd love to hear it!

Thanks in advance,
-J

Last edited: