Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Hang out a scheels, academy, bass pro or cabelas long enough and it will turn into a meet, heck yesterday we went to Sam's club in garland and by the time we were done shopping our truck was surrounded by other overlanders parking next to us.

Don't force it let it happen organically.

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Just had meet up in North Richland Hills yesterday. Thanks summervijx for setting it up! Great turnout. Hope to meet more at next one!

Reactions: Downs

The Roach ...

Rank IV

Member III

Frisco, TX, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
V
Member #

Just had meet up in North Richland Hills yesterday. Thanks summervijx for setting it up! Great turnout. Hope to meet more at next one!
how about sending an email out a few days before.. or make a post to remind people of a meet up? I could have made it.. but have been crazy busy. so notes on a calendar... dont work I tossed by phone at 5pm friday.. and won't pick it up until 9am tomorrow.

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

One was created for yesterday and listed as Ft Worth and was in North Richland Hills. We also create some that were on Sunday's listed as DFW. Keep an eye out under Rally Points/Upcoming events. Different people have different ones in different areas and just mixed 2 groups yesterday and had great visit. Lots of shade between 3 vehicle's awnings and thanks Brian for bringing cooler of iced bottled water!

Reactions: 2 is 1 OVERLAND

The Roach ...

Rank IV

Member III

Frisco, TX, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
V
Member #

One was created for yesterday and listed as Ft Worth and was in North Richland Hills. We also create some that were on Sunday's listed as DFW. Keep an eye out under Rally Points/Upcoming events. Different people have different ones in different areas and just mixed 2 groups yesterday and had great visit. Lots of shade between 3 vehicle's awnings and thanks Brian for bringing cooler of iced bottled water!

the issue here is 'rally points" get set.. and then things fall apart. IF the DFW area wants to grow as a group.. then SOMEONE has to simply drop a note on the thread a few days ahead. WHY?? because the thread sends out an email automatically. if YOU go up and look at this tread I posted a note on May 25th. 2021. the first thing I saw on rallypoint or anything else after looking in May and June.. was NOTHING.

some of us just have too much going on to constantly looking at the rally point on a weekly basis. my comment was simple. a suggestion for someone who sets the rally point to make a post on the thread that something was set... then the rest of us would get an email and put it on the calendar.

the last meet I was at every one was nice but also lamented that few people show up to meets. I am expressing why.....

SIMPLE SOLUTION... one extra step ... not an issue if the group wants to grow. if not... then don't ... simple resolution.

Reactions: ntx377 and Renegade