Investor

Traveler I

Sherman Oaks
First Name
David
Last Name
Arnold
Member #

Just returned from a 600 Mile round trip (door to door) through DV. First time through the park- loved it. Eureka Dunes, Steele Pass, Dedeckera Canyon, Warm Springs (empty) Lippincott Pass (up and down), the Playa and Grandstands. Free air show daily. 100s during the day at lower elevations, mild nights, cooler (high 80s low 40s at night) upper elevations (Playa). Just a few shots of the trip.

Attachments

Last edited:

PonoAdventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

Just returned from a 600 Mile round trip (door to door) through DV. First time through the park- loved it. Eureka Dunes, Steele Pass, Dedeckera Canyon, Warm Springs (empty) Lippencott Pass (up and down), the Playa and Grandstands. Free air show daily. 100s during the day at lower elevations, mild nights, cooler (high 80s low 40s at night) upper elevations (Playa). Just a few shots of the trip.
Looks like an awesome trip. Death Valley took me by surprise on how amazing it is. How was Lippencott Pass? Heard mix things if a full size can make it through or not

Darnold1236

Rank II
Investor

Traveler I

Sherman Oaks
First Name
David
Last Name
Arnold
Member #

DV was an absolute surprise. Amazed at the sheer size of it all- this trip only scratched the surface. The largest vehicle i saw on Lippincott was one other landcruiser with a trailer. Watched two dual cab Tacomas take it down. It was very slow going on the tight switchbacks. And they had their passengers get out a few times to guide There are two to three very very tight switches-that a full-size would have trouble. Experience and nerves may prove different- but The Tacomas seemed to just eek it through with work. The road changes with the weather of course and i had one area where i was 25+ degrees to passenger going up where i just about sh*t myself. No choice- there was a rut on the edge and it was a narrow portion of the pass.
Look up some Youtube videos and see if there’s something full size running the pass- i haven’t seen anything yet....but what a rush. Jeez.
IMHO - no way in a full size Pk. Too long.

Cheers

TRED LYT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Sherman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZPJ
Looks like you guys had a great trip! My wife and I are headed up there for the Thanksgiving long weekend. Hope the crowds aren’t too much. I was in Joshua Tree last weekend and it was packed. Even way out on dirt bikes we ran into traffic. I thought November would be quiet. I’ve driven by DV hundreds of times on my way to Mammoth since childhood but never have seen this place. We’re really looking forward to turning off 395 before Bishop!