Advocate I

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
So... I was chatting with my Son before Thanksgiving about the LiFePO4 batteries he helped me order two months back. Thanks to “Let’s Go Brandon” they are probably sitting on a boat off the San Francisco coast still!

Anywho, I was chatting with him about looking for another battery power solution that will allow me to use my solar panels, charge my phones, run my CPAP, and my diesel heater when camping And hunting with the roof tent-trailer.

During the discussion, I told him I had watched some YouTube vids on building a solar generator out of a Pelican style case I’d found at Harbor Freight. I have acquired a decent inverter, solar panels and was waiting on a battery management system and some odds and ends to start putting one together.

Wouldn’t ya know it, he comes for Thanksgiving and brings me an early Christmas gift. A Bluetii EB70
I’m still going to build a solar power generator, but now it can be modular and incorporate the Bluetti!

His Mom sure raised that boy right!

Attachments

lhoffm4

Rank III

Advocate I

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
mine just steals our phone charging cords when he visits....:disappointed:
I think my Son thinks I’m not able to understand technology as well as he thinks he does. Just because I still us a flip phone for talking and a tower PC for internet... I’m good with him under estimating me most days. I did give him pause for thought tho when I asked him where he thinks he inherited his affinity for DIY and figuring things out on his own... Then he smirked at me and said... “from Mom”. Go figure!

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
So... I was chatting with my Son before Thanksgiving about the LiFePO4 batteries he helped me order two months back. Thanks to “Let’s Go Brandon” they are probably sitting on a boat off the San Francisco coast still!

Anywho, I was chatting with him about looking for another battery power solution that will allow me to use my solar panels, charge my phones, run my CPAP, and my diesel heater when camping And hunting with the roof tent-trailer.

During the discussion, I told him I had watched some YouTube vids on building a solar generator out of a Pelican style case I’d found at Harbor Freight. I have acquired a decent inverter, solar panels and was waiting on a battery management system and some odds and ends to start putting one together.

Wouldn’t ya know it, he comes for Thanksgiving and brings me an early Christmas gift. A Bluetii EB70
I’m still going to build a solar power generator, but now it can be modular and incorporate the Bluetti!

His Mom sure raised that boy right!
You got a great kid there. I'd be pretty proud. Ya did good.
Zim