JAM420

Rank 0

Contributor I

Florida, USA
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Monroe
I'm sure someone on here uses a CPAP while off grid.

I have a dreamstation that I use and was wondering if anyone can give some advice on being able to power a cpap while out.

I have one 12v deep cycle battery now and I plan on adding another.and will be using solar to charge. I have 100w panel now .

Thanks
Jess

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
there are several threads already about this...go to the SEARCH upper right screen and type CPAP and check the box Search Titles Only and youll see a lot of people comment on what they use. i dont use CPAP, but i was reading thru one of the threads and that turned me on to the Jackery portable power units. i ended up buying one for other use, but i can attest that Jackery is a great unit

1606051500702.png

Reactions: MarioT'sCJResto

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Yup. I've answered and gave advice on this exact question a few times. One on them was last week. Not to be rude, by try the search first. If you still can't find it, I'll link the thread for you.

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
You lose power when converting from 12 volts DC to 120 volts AC. See if your CPAP machine can run off of straight 12 volts.

A second isolated battery would be best. If not an option, buy one of those hand-held jump starters for just in case (they're not expensive).

Last edited:

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Hey man, it's no problem. Iike I said, the info is out there. Hope you didn't take it as being rude, as it wasn't intended that way.