Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Yup. Depending on the model you have, if there's a DC adapter, you can easily power it with a lithium battery pack.

I've done it it using two different packs.

I got two solid nights when using the dc adapter for my airsense 10, and turning the heated hose and humidifier off with this pack:

I bought this, and can power both my wife and my CPAPs for two nights (probably 3) using the same settings:

Basically, you'll need to find out how much power your machine uses when it's running, and how many nights you'll need to accommodate, and choose accordingly.

Yaniv

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Israel
First Name
Yaniv
Last Name
Eliash
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
4X5DL
I use a battery jumper pack (like NOCO) with a 12V to AC (150W) to power the unit all night

theoriginalgiga

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Chaney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6WFI
I took a different approach, I installed a secondary 100AH solar AGM battery into my truck under the back seat for accessories (light bar, accessory charging, CB radio etc) and put a renology 40amp DC-to-DC charger to separate the secondary battery from the primary charge circuit for 2 reasons. 1) keep the primary system only for starting the truck and 2) a solar battery will have a higher float charge and a vehicle alternator won't fully charge it. I can run my CPAP 8+ hours without concern and in the morning I'm usually off and away and the charge controller tops off the battery. Down side is I need to camp close to my rig and need a couple 12v extension cables and it wasn't exactly cheap. Alternatively you can swap out your car battery for an optima Yellowtop but if you do that confirm that your draw for your cpap per hour is at or below half the rated battery capacity divided by however long you intend to run the CPAP. IE if the battery has 55AH, you'll want to make sure your CPAP doesn't pull more than 3.5amps an hour assuming you'll be using it for 8 hours (55/2/8=3.4375). You should still have enough energy to start your rig in the morning.

afootorafloatLJ

Rank VIII
Launch Member
Supporter

Trail Blazer I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
Calhoun
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7FKK
I run a Jackery 1000 that runs my home water based CPAP for 1.5 nights. My Jackery recharges on 110v or solar in a day. The Jackery won’t recharge on 12v. So now I need an inverter to recharge it fully. Regardless I have several ways to run a CPAP.

SWLands

Rank IV
Investor

Pathfinder III

Oakland CA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6QBJ
I have a resmed airsense 10 cpap with a 12 volt transformer and a Jackery 1000. From 100% the Jackery is down to 92% in the morning on the cpap alone. I have never had a problem with it. Charges up slowly off the Jackery solar panels or after 2 or 3 hours driving.

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder III

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

I run my Airsense 10 that I power with a Bluetti EB70 and the DC cord to cut down on power consumption. One hint is to turn off the humidifier and heated hose to save power draw.

dishwasher

Rank I

Contributor III

St. Louis, MO, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Worland
I picked up an Anker 521 on Amazon and it inflated my air mattress and ran my CPAP the whole night. Only had 20% the next morning though so I needed to recharge it on truck power the next day. I did not use the heater/steam feature.

lhoffm4

Rank III

Advocate I

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
Almost any of the solar generators commercially available will do the job. I run my CPAP on a Bluetti EB70. Like others it can multi task and run my 12v cooler and charge my phone all while simultaneously charging from the alternator while driving or solar panels while boondocking.

you will pay $500-$1000+ retail or $300-$700 to build your own, depending on capacity and desired Annemarie’s.

My Bluetti was $599 and my home built Solar Gennerator that is based on a 200ah LiFePO4 was about $600 to build. I chose a set of stackable Craftsman tool boxes to build mine into. I have room to add a second bank of cells to either make it a 24v system or double the ah.

Ocean_Ranger

Rank VI

Expedition Master I

Santa Barbara, CA, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Pickton
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N6SRP (GMRS WROQ518)
Well, I know that I’m getting older because I was super excited to see this thread pop up. I have not yet settled on a solution for my cpap. I keep trying to keep myself from slipping down the slope to a 2nd battery. Thanks for the portable ideas.