Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Your link's broken. I'm 6'6 so I'm interested in tall-friendly cots.
Odd, when I click on it it still comes up. Just search for Byer of Maine Cot or Cots for Tall people on Amazon and it and other cots for tall people should come up.

I should add, mine gets used a lot when we have visitors to the house and everyone that has used it loves it!

Reactions: syncro

syncro

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Seattle
First Name
Tim
Last Name
K
Member #

Odd, when I click on it it still comes up. Just search for Byer of Maine Cot or Cots for Tall people on Amazon and it and other cots for tall people should come up.

Thx. I've seen the Beyer. They look solid. I'm hoping to find an 80" (or 81) for the sweet spot of fitting me and maybe being able to fit a gazelle t3.

Much appreciated!

Last edited:

syncro

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Seattle
First Name
Tim
Last Name
K
Member #

Also, I owe you an apology on the broken link. It looks like he way the forum turns the Amazon into an affiliate link (amazon.to) link is flagged as "advertising" by the "Disconnect" privacy tool in Chrome. I'm on a lot of forums and I've never had this issue (at worst it'll break the image but the text link to the product will still be there) so... ? Anyway, now I know. If I run into it in the future I'll try another browser (the built in privacy tools in edge don't seem to do this, for example).

Cam_Cam_Tech

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Pleasant Hill, CA
First Name
Camilo
Last Name
Sanchez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QLZ
Teton Sports cot purchased from Sportman’s about 7 years ago is holding up well. Full size cot used for camping under the stars or at my bud’s cabin. Camping with my TJ, I use(d) an Alps Mountaineering Ready Lite cot. Fits inside my Gazelle T3 tent and breaks down into a compact size to fit in the Jeep. The down side is the setup & breakdown. I tried a Wallyworld air mattress & 12v pump on my last trip, not bad but bulky. Next trip will try the recently arrived Go-Kot. Similar size & layout to the Ready Lite but much easier and faster to setup & breakdown. Slightly bigger pack size but still good for the TJ.
If you get a change I’d like to see both cots picture side by side and maybe both packed up for reference. Used to have a TJ as well. And always liked the light and smaller gear. Even now with a 4runner, with a 4yr old and big dog is nice to keep it light and small when possible.

Reactions: syncro

Shamu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

Teton Sports cot purchased from Sportman’s about 7 years ago is holding up well. Full size cot used for camping under the stars or at my bud’s cabin. Camping with my TJ, I use(d) an Alps Mountaineering Ready Lite cot. Fits inside my Gazelle T3 tent and breaks down into a compact size to fit in the Jeep. The down side is the setup & breakdown. I tried a Wallyworld air mattress & 12v pump on my last trip, not bad but bulky. Next trip will try the recently arrived Go-Kot. Similar size & layout to the Ready Lite but much easier and faster to setup & breakdown. Slightly bigger pack size but still good for the TJ.
If you get a change I’d like to see both cots picture side by side and maybe both packed up for reference. Used to have a TJ as well. And always liked the light and smaller gear. Even now with a 4runner, with a 4yr old and big dog is nice to keep it light and small when possible.
I only assembled the Go-Kot for these pics (much faster than the Alps): hmmm, the order seems wonky but the pics should be visible. The Go-Kot is taller, I included the Alps support next to the measuring tape.

Attachments

Reactions: syncro and Ubiety