Corral Hollow snow trip

• HTML tutorial

slomatt

Rank V

Influencer I

Bay Area, CA
Last weekend two friends and I wanted to get up in the mountains and it seemed like a good time for a snow trip. We ran the Corral Hollow trail off of highway 4 from the east side to the west side so that we encountered the higher elevation and more difficult section first to get an idea of the snow conditions. It snowed on and off early in the day, which changed to periodic cold rain and sleet as we got down to lower altitudes. Total accumulation of snow was probably a few inches. We ran into a couple other groups out there, including other OB'ers who were camping out at Bear Trap Basin. We also ran into a large group of side by sides, and I'll be polite and just say their behavior on the trail was the exact opposite of what you would hope to see.

On the recommendation of the other OB group we planned to explore Bailey Ridge on the way down the hill, but a few miles into the trail we came across a fallen tree with an illegal bypass around it. We ended up cutting the tree into sections and moving it off the road and then blocked the bypass with logs. By the time we were done with that work it was dark and we were ready for pizza and beer, so we gave up on Bailey Ridge (for now) and headed back towards highway 4 to air up. Overall it was a great day trip and a good time wheeling in the snow.

Here are a few pictures.

Reactions: Wanderer351