Launch Member

Member I

BC
First Name
Spencer
Last Name
Arnold
Member #

Planning a 2 week trip from BC down south near the end of March. Going to be traveling from Twin Fall, ID to Las Vegas NV and can't really find any info of cool bits or towns in between.

Any one have anything they can recommend along the way? Check below for our planned travel route. (we will be mountain biking along the way). Any suggestions or must do's along the way would be awesome!

Chilliwack, BC to Twin Falls, ID
Twin Falls, ID to Las Vegas, NV
Vegas/Boulder City to Sedona, AZ
Sedona to home through Hurricane, Utah for the mountain bike festival!

Cheers

Jibs

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Reno
First Name
Jibs
Last Name
Lundemo
Member #

There is a lot to see. You could swing over from Roger's on through Jarbidge, NV. It's very pretty there. 12 mile hot springs outside of Wells, NV. South of Wells are the Ruby Mountains. That'd be a nice drive. Or Goshute Cave near Currie. More hot springs near the Wayne Kirch wildlife area south of Ely. Pioche is a great old still alive ghost town with a still standing tramway over the hjghway. Cathedral Gorge State Park. Mt Irish petroglyphs near Alamo. There is a lot out there.

Reactions: RainGoat

Svenny

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

BC
First Name
Spencer
Last Name
Arnold
Member #

Side trip to Death Valley?

Valley of Fire State Park looks cool.

Can I talk you into bringing a Septor gas can or two down and I'll meet you in Sedona?
We did talk about Death Valley. It does look super cool. PM me info on what you are looking for..

Svenny

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

BC
First Name
Spencer
Last Name
Arnold
Member #

There is a lot to see. You could swing over from Roger's on through Jarbidge, NV. It's very pretty there. 12 mile hot springs outside of Wells, NV. South of Wells are the Ruby Mountains. That'd be a nice drive. Or Goshute Cave near Currie. More hot springs near the Wayne Kirch wildlife area south of Ely. Pioche is a great old still alive ghost town with a still standing tramway over the hjghway. Cathedral Gorge State Park. Mt Irish petroglyphs near Alamo. There is a lot out there.
All good info, I will dig a little deeper. Cheers!

CSG

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Idaho
Member #

There are a couple routes from Ely, NV to get to Vegas. We prefer the inland route. Take HWY 6 west from Ely and turn south on 318. You save some miles and see real Nevada in UFO country. 318 merges back to 93 around Crystal Springs.

Love from Twin Falls

Reactions: Svenny

Journey Through Life

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Dallas Township, PA
First Name
David
Last Name
Horowitz
Member #

Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon National Park are both worth a visit if you have time. Cedar Breaks is also beautiful. All these places are in Utah and are kind of on the way to Las Vegas.

Reactions: Dtyo

Svenny

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

BC
First Name
Spencer
Last Name
Arnold
Member #

Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon National Park are both worth a visit if you have time. Cedar Breaks is also beautiful. All these places are in Utah and are kind of on the way to Las Vegas.
We have spent alot of time in Utah and have done all of the NPs.. Beautiful landscape!

Svenny

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

BC
First Name
Spencer
Last Name
Arnold
Member #

There are a couple routes from Ely, NV to get to Vegas. We prefer the inland route. Take HWY 6 west from Ely and turn south on 318. You save some miles and see real Nevada in UFO country. 318 merges back to 93 around Crystal Springs.

Love from Twin Falls
Already had that way mapped out in Gaia :sunglasses:

Reactions: RainGoat

Mykdee

Rank I

Contributor III

AZ
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Drewniak
Did you end up stopping anywhere in NV? I grew up in Tonopah, NV, I lived there from age 3-17! There is a lot of real cool old towns in NV.