Launch Member

Influencer I

Vidor Texas
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Prisock
Member #

Has Overland Bound ever had a chat function on the Forum home page? Meaning you can chat with active members or OB members who are on line when we are.

Thanks

Reactions: Prerunner1982

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Would be a good way to pass the time with anyone that is on.
For entertainment purposes only though, tech should be kept to the forum for posterity.
I have been on another forum and it was fun, but who's going to moderate the chat?

Reactions: Raw Xpedition

Raw Xpedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Vidor Texas
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Prisock
Member #

Would be a good way to pass the time with anyone that is on.
For entertainment purposes only though, tech should be kept to the forum for posterity.
I have been on another forum and it was fun, but who's going to moderate the chat?

That would be up to Micheal to decide... but yeah I think it could be Great

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

That would be up to Micheal to decide... but yeah I think it could be Great
Sorry that was meant to be a rhetorical question.
What I was trying to get at is that it's hard to monitor 24/7.
But I don't think ....or hope there wouldn't be too many issues with this group.

Reactions: Raw Xpedition

Raw Xpedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Vidor Texas
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Prisock
Member #

Sorry that was meant to be a rhetorical question.
What I was trying to get at is that it's hard to monitor 24/7.
But I don't think ....or hope there wouldn't be too many issues with this group.
I wouldn't think so either, It should only be available to Paid Members. When you log in with your OB member account you can see it. Guest and just normal accounts wouldn't have access

Reactions: Prerunner1982

GeoCampers #4771

Mid Europe Local Expert, France, Belgium
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Werm, Belgium
First Name
Toon
Last Name
Dams
Member #

An official OB messaging channel would be great. Just for small talk. I see the "unofficial" whatsapp group i'm in now being a great help to built the community. But since it is separate from the forum and no easy way to cross post a lot of very interesting info is getting lost. So if something could be set up within the OB environment where it is very easy to shift from the chat to the forum or even to create a forum post from a part of the chat, that would benefit greatly to the community. And also reflect the way the community works much more.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

A forum I use to hang out on daily had a chat box at the top of pretty much every page. I can't recall if it was static or moved up off the screen as you scrolled down but either way it was great entertainment and really helped to build more personally relationships with members.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
An official OB messaging channel would be great. Just for small talk. I see the "unofficial" whatsapp group i'm in now being a great help to built the community. But since it is separate from the forum and no easy way to cross post a lot of very interesting info is getting lost. So if something could be set up within the OB environment where it is very easy to shift from the chat to the forum or even to create a forum post from a part of the chat, that would benefit greatly to the community. And also reflect the way the community works much more.
We are being encouraged to use the WhatsApp and one other app for chat... iirc the new app will have a chat function in it