US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

Thanks for posting this Kent, looks like fishing license will be the lowest barrier to entry. I've done some digging and cant seem to figure out if this is required if you already have a State Parks annual pass.

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thanks for posting this Kent, looks like fishing license will be the lowest barrier to entry. I've done some digging and cant seem to figure out if this is required if you already have a State Parks annual pass.
From my limited research it looks like it is different from state parks. If you find anything else out can you post it. Thanks!

Del Albright

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mokelumne Hill, CA
Member #

They must be experiencing declining license sales and need to bump up the old income stream -- at our expense?
Many states have tried various options to supporting wildlife programs, like Conservation Stamps, Photography Stamps/Permits, and voluntary donations at refuges. None of that works. Non-consumptive users (non-hunters) do not want to pay for having wildlife to view and photograph. Hunters and people who buy licenses keep our wildlife refuges alive and well. Seems to me the day is coming when refuges could just be like most lakes where I stick $5 in an iron ranger to launch my boat.

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW

As I understand it they're totally separate.