Launch Member

Member III

Kingsburg, CA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Regier
Member #

Currently, I have both the Cobra 75, and the Cobra 29. Personally, I like both of these models.

The Cobra 75 pros, for obvious reasons is small, and easy to put anywhere in your truck.
Cons: sound isn't the best, doesn't keep your stations locked in.

The Cobra 29 is a classic CB, good sound, lots of adjustments.
Cons: bulky.

So, my question is do any of you guys run the Cobra 29? I have a 2017 Tacoma. I would like to see how you guys mounted your Cobra 29? I am currently running the 75, but would like to go back to the 29.

Prepared Adventurer

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

New York
Currently, I have both the Cobra 75, and the Cobra 29. Personally, I like both of these models.

The Cobra 75 pros, for obvious reasons is small, and easy to put anywhere in your truck.

So, my question is do any of you guys run the Cobra 29? I have a 2017 Tacoma. I would like to see how you guys mounted your Cobra 29? I am currently running the 75, but would like to go back to the 29.
Im brand new here and just installed a Cobra 29 in my 2017 Tacoma... I will upload a pic when I get a chance for a photo op:) I put it on the passenger side of the console readable by driver and created no issues other than lack of access to one of 10 cup/bottle holders available. It still can be used still accessible by driver though. I debated on which to get (same choices you had) and went with my gut seeking performance over footprint.

Reactions: Caddis

Prepared Adventurer

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

New York

Here are those pics I promised. I do have to complete the full install by hiding power wires better ...but I think this will help you see the visual of how I tucked it in without being invasive to the rest of the cab.
20180401_123219.jpg 20180401_123219.jpg 20180401_123316.jpg

Caddis

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kingsburg, CA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Regier
Member #

Nice! That looks clean. I originally had it set up like this, but inn the driver side. I suddenly regretted my descision once my wife had to borrow my truck, and she could move her seat forward. I think I'm going to go this route again, but on the passenger side. Thanks for posting this.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

There are smaller, newer, and some with more features, but the 29 is hard to beat in my mind! Benz.

Prepared Adventurer

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

New York
Nice! That looks clean. I originally had it set up like this, but inn the driver side. I suddenly regretted my descision once my wife had to borrow my truck, and she could move her seat forward. I think I'm going to go this route again, but on the passenger side. Thanks for posting this.
Your welcome....the passengers don't normally mess with seat adjustments as much as drivers need to... Good luck with the install

Caddis

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kingsburg, CA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Regier
Member #

I like the new look of the 29 like you have. How do you like it? I'll try to get mine wired up this week.

Prepared Adventurer

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

New York
I like the new look of the 29 like you have. How do you like it? I'll try to get mine wired up this week.
I like its functionality... I had a 29 classic years ago. There is no backlighting for the knobs or buttons. This I dont find as a problem because after using for like a half hour you can fly by feel :) . You are gonna be amazed how it seems to be made to fit in that spot:) The bracket follows the trim and bolts right in.

Caddis

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kingsburg, CA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Regier
Member #

I like its functionality... I had a 29 classic years ago. There is no backlighting for the knobs or buttons. This I dont find as a problem because after using for like a half hour you can fly by feel :) . You are gonna be amazed how it seems to be made to fit in that spot:) The bracket follows the trim and bolts right in.
Screenshot_20180401-184503.jpg
Well, the nice thing is the Cobra comes with a "nightwatch" feature. Another plus to re-installing this CB.