Finger Lakes
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Rockwell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2QXK
I’ll stay tuned, not 100% sure I can make it at this point but, maybe.

simplyanadventure

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

CNY
First Name
Simply
Last Name
AnAdventure
Member #

CNY / WNY / Finger Lakes December Rigs and Coffee Elm Street Cafe Tully NY 9:00 AM - Meetup for Coffee. Breakfast available. After we can take a ride through Morgan Hill State Forest and check out the available dispersed campsites. Maintained gavels roads (easy).

Silly question…. Is this Dec 11th (Saturday) or December 12th (Sunday). We’d actually like to attend since we’re around ATM. Adventure Truck is tucked in the garage away from NYS Salt, but if you think this is doable with a Rav4 Adventure on Falken Wildpeaks we may come down depending on which day. Hope it works out!

Disco Patrol

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Oneida, NY
First Name
David
Last Name
Cruz
Member #

Service Branch
USAF Retired

CNY / WNY / Finger Lakes December Rigs and Coffee
Elm Street Cafe
Tully NY

9:00 AM - Meetup for Coffee. Breakfast available.

After we can take a ride through Morgan Hill State Forest and check out the available dispersed campsites. Maintained gavels roads (easy).

Thanks for the invite, is this a day trip or overnight since we're looking at campsites? I wouldn't mind staying.

Disco Patrol

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Oneida, NY
First Name
David
Last Name
Cruz
Member #

Service Branch
USAF Retired
Not to put pressure on anyone else, keep it as a day trip and if they choose to stay they can. I've never been to this area so I'm hoping it can become a future spot.

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Work weekend for me as well. Have fun everyone and don’t forget to share some pics!

Reactions: Disco Patrol

TonyC

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rochester, NY
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Correa
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2PTJ
Service Branch
USAF, National Guard
Haven't been to one of these events yet. Seems like none of the respondents have Jeeps - would we be the only people there with a Jeep if we attend?
I have a 2016 JKU.

Reactions: TOY4RNR

jordan04gx

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chittenango, NY
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2NFZ
The bad news: I'm not available until after 1pm on Saturday
The good news: I'm planning on camping overnight this weekend (Sat/Sun nights).

I don't think I would head out to Morgan Hill unless I knew some of you were going to be camping there for sure. Otherwise, there would be nobody there by the time I get there.

@TOY4RNR
@Disco Patrol
I can also set up an alternate camping location near Oneida, NY that could handle 4-5 rigs. Has firewood, and a little shelter should the weather get miserable.

Reactions: Disco Patrol

Disco Patrol

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Oneida, NY
First Name
David
Last Name
Cruz
Member #

Service Branch
USAF Retired
The bad news: I'm not available until after 1pm on Saturday
The good news: I'm planning on camping overnight this weekend (Sat/Sun nights).

I don't think I would head out to Morgan Hill unless I knew some of you were going to be camping there for sure. Otherwise, there would be nobody there by the time I get there.

@TOY4RNR
@Disco Patrol
I can also set up an alternate camping location near Oneida, NY that could handle 4-5 rigs. Has firewood, and a little shelter should the weather get miserable.
I'm OK with that, anywhere we head to is fine with me as I normally camp out in the Catskills when I meet up with family. I'm fairly new to the area and I don't know anyone who takes to the outdoors like I do :grimacing:

I'm a ground tenter and I've got new gear I want to test out anyway :sunglasses:

Reactions: jordan04gx

jordan04gx

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chittenango, NY
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2NFZ
I'm OK with that, anywhere we head to is fine with me as I normally camp out in the Catskills when I meet up with family. I'm fairly new to the area and I don't know anyone who takes to the outdoors like I do :grimacing:

I'm a ground tenter and I've got new gear I want to test out anyway :sunglasses:
I sent a DM to TOY4RUNR as well. Perhaps we can persuade him to join and you can both head that way together. I hope so. It's just a bit further for him, but I don't think he'll regret it, and it would be a good chance to actually meet each other prior to bigger adventures later. We'll see.

I ground tent as well. I was hoping to test some snow gear this weekend - but the forecast warmed up and turned to mostly rain instead. I'll adjust accordingly.