Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Vaughan
Member #

So the family and I have decided to cut our own tree this year and got a permit for the Umatilla national forest.

Anyone have a suggestion on good place to look for a tree?

Reactions: Werlyb23

Monty_moose_gen2

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Vaughan
Member #

So the family and I have decided to cut our own tree this year and got a permit for the Umatilla national forest.

Drive up to Table Rock... if you can make it...
At 6200ft that might be a challenge considering the predicted snow storm for the next few days. Even with 4wd and a locker I'm not do sure I would venture that trail alone...lol

Reactions: Werlyb23

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Haven't been up there in a while so I'm not sure where the snows at. You can go up out of Walla Walla or Dayton onto skyline rd and I'm sure you could find one up there.

Reactions: Monty_moose_gen2

Monty_moose_gen2

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Vaughan
Member #

Haven't been up there in a while so I'm not sure where the snows at. You can go up out of Walla Walla or Dayton onto skyline rd and I'm sure you could find one up there.
Skyline was my first idea.... but haven't been up there in a while.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Sounds like the Blues are supposed to get 4"-12" of snow in the next few day. I would imagine anything over 3000' over there would have some snow. If you went to Dayton, then up Hatley gulch rd to skyline it's a little more gradual climb in elevation so you could make it in a ways looking for trees. Another place you could try is Pomeroy, head into the hills from there, you can go up mountain rd. towards boundary campground and Alder thicket. That area is around 4500' so probably snow but maybe not as much.