Chicago, IL, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRMW384 (GMRS)
Should get my iKamper annex next week, if so, would like to head out somewhere next weekend.

Where do you all stay near galena? seen blandings landing and Mississippi palisades. Would like a spot with electric hookup if possible. Planning to buy propex, but electric for now
I stayed at Belllevue State Park. Was pretty good. Small site and good facilities, Blanding landing is REALLY close to train tracks

Scontroneboy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chicago
First Name
Franco
Last Name
Valentino
Member #

I’m looking to head down there this fall, always down to wheel and camp/hike/paddle/ride. If there’s a group getting together please let me know

M_Fez

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Near St. Louis
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Blevins
Member #

We've never been. I spent a few decades on a big dual sport riding all over the country. But trucks/4x4 is still new to me. So I just don't know any decent spots/trails/fire roads here in Ill/Mo.

Scontroneboy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chicago
First Name
Franco
Last Name
Valentino
Member #

We've never been. I spent a few decades on a big dual sport riding all over the country. But trucks/4x4 is still new to me. So I just don't know any decent spots/trails/fire roads here in Ill/Mo.
I was near Mark Twain NF in March wheeling with a group and it was very cool. Also was lucky enough to score some Jeep club maps of Shawnee from a guy on the trip. More than happy to scan and send them to you

Reactions: ZombieGTA and M_Fez

M_Fez

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Near St. Louis
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Blevins
Member #

I was near Mark Twain NF in March wheeling with a group and it was very cool. Also was lucky enough to score some Jeep club maps of Shawnee from a guy on the trip. More than happy to scan and send them to you
That would be fantastic. Thanks man.

Wdfnds

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Decatur Illinois
First Name
David
Last Name
Staff
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N9sal
I live in Decatur, IL. and would like to team up with someone or a group. Maybe Shawnee or Land Between the Lakes. There is some good wheeling at LBL. Some good dispersed camping too. I run a Silverado and sleep in the back. Comms are ham, gmrs ,
frs,and cb.

hey_poolboy

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Peoria, IL, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Robertson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Maximus
I know this is dredging up an old thread, but my wife and I are from central Illinois. (just outside of Peoria) We've been camping and hitting off-road parks for a few years but just started dipping into overland life.

Reactions: Henrock911

minengr

Rank I

Contributor III

Harrisburg, IL, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Roethe
Lots of hidden Gems scattered across the Shawnee. Cave-in-Rock, Garden of the Gods, Ponds Hollow, Bell Smith Springs, Trig Tower, Stoneface, Glen L. Jones Lake are the few off the top of my head within 45 min of me in the Eastern portion. Many more places like snake road, Cache River, and Mermet Springs where you can dive on the plane from US Marshal's. There's also all the wineries.