Rank II

Contributor III

Decatur, AL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Cross
Member #

Hello all. I want to drive the CDT New Mexico section in the spring of 2026 unless fall is a better time. I can't find anyone local that is interested so I need others to go with. While I'm not new to off-roading this will definitely be a huge undertaking. I would like feedback on when would be the best time to go and what to expect and what to bring. The 4runner is in the garage and will be on jack stands soon for some maintenance and suspension work. Let the learning begin.

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all. I want to drive the CDT New Mexico section in the spring of 2026 unless fall is a better time. I can't find anyone local that is interested so I need others to go with. While I'm not new to off-roading this will definitely be a huge undertaking. I would like feedback on when would be the best time to go and what to expect and what to bring. The 4runner is in the garage and will be on jack stands soon for some maintenance and suspension work. Let the learning begin.
The New Mexico section of the CDT is awesome, the bigest issue is the monsoons and mud north of Grants. The entire CDT track is on the OB1 app and there is a thread on the forum. If you would like the GPX file just message me here.