Pathfinder II

King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Hi All!

I've been away a while for various reasons, and I'm finally getting back to the point where I'd like to get to know the new people in the area, and possibly reconnect with some people from back in the day!

I'm thinking some kind of "Cars and Coffee" type event. Maybe at a local business, or maybe we find local State Parks to Rally up at.

I've looked around, but it doesn't seem like there is anything around here. If there is, let me know!

If there isn't, and there is some interest, let me know and I'll get a Rally Point made up.

Look forward to seeing everyone again!

- Josh

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I met up with them at the MULE Expedition event. It didn't sound like they where doing anything like that on the regular.

If there is, I'll make sure to link up!
They have a meetup of sorts once a month or there abouts… no set schedule, just whenever Dave and Michelle feel like hosting an event.

Reactions: BroncoNana

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Our meetups are typically on the north end due to thats where we live and have access to a great community room with kitchen and a decent sized parking lot that we can host a fairly large group in, also have smaller events at our home, where we can BBQ and help folks with any projects or repairs that perhaps they do not have access to the tools for. Although originally intended to get more north end people active, everyone that is willing to make the drive up is always welcome. We tend to have a few less meetups in the spring/summer due to people actually getting out and camping/exploring and full schedules.

In the process of putting together an overnight trip comming up in two weeks, will be putting out a Rally point for that in the next day or so, the next meetup should be early June, thinking a cars & coffee type theme for members to show off what projects they have been working on or gear they have added to thier kit as we head into full blown get out and explore season.

@jdunk It was great to finally meet you at the Mule event, If you get a meetup going down where you are, we will definatly head down if our schedule allows it.

Its great to see a lot more activity lately in the NW, in the forums, facebook, and in person. Looking to be a great year.

Reactions: Shahn and jdunk

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Where are you at @jdunk and where would you like to see an event occur? I am in Sammamish.
I'm in Des Moines. I'm not sure where yet. I'm just trying to get a feel for the interest level and what people would like to see.

I've got a few idea's kicking around. In the information gathering phase right now.

Reactions: Ubiety

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
You might post here to see who is interested. Not a huge number of folks on this thread, but those who are there are fairly active.

Reactions: Shahn

ifellonscissors

Rank II

Contributor III

Redmond, WA, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Fish
Member #

I'm in. I live in Redmond. I think sometimes things get lost in the forums. Maybe the best thing to do is setup a Rally Point and see how it goes. Turn-out will most likely depend on the time and day and how centrally located the event is. I'm wiling to drive to meet people that want to go out and explore.

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

I will set up a rally point for sure. I’m just trying to get a feel for what kinds of places people are going to be into.

I’ll have something in the books in the next couple days

Reactions: Shahn

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

A couple options I'm considering right now would be Cabella's in Lacey, Dash Point State Park, or Saltwater State Park.

I'm thinking of either the Saturday the 21st or Sunday the 22nd.

If anyone has any opinions or other suggestions, let me know! Looking to get the Rally Point up tomorrow or Saturday.

Reactions: OTH Overland