Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army
Curious if there are plans to have OB1 compatible with Apple CarPlay and/or Android Auto? To compete with apps like Gaia and onXoffroad, this would be a welcomed feature!
Its on the road map for future implementation but i havent seen a release date on when or where it is in the process.

oldsoldier181

Rank IV

Influencer II

Ayer, Massachusetts, United States
First Name
William
Last Name
reed
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1WTR
Service Branch
Army
Definitely interested in this, as my truck is wireless for AA, and I dont usually have my phone near me when driving, so using the app enroute doesnt really work for me. Would MUCH rather have it on my screen in front of me, than on my phone!

Reactions: zgfiredude

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
@Michael Follow up inquiry on the Car Play integration....
Missed the ping! Its been a journey lately :)

This is still near term, but we are focused on app hardening and the 3D Release currently. CarPlay and AA will be a bit.

jsalbre

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Meridian, Ada County, Idaho, United States
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Albrecht
Service Branch
US Air Force
Any updates on this? I consider CarPlay to be a bare-minimum feature for any kind of navigation app. It also needs to have most if not all of the mapping and navigation related configuration (changing layers, selecting waypoints and routes, saving a waypoint) accessible from the CarPlay interface. Gaia and OnX screw this up terribly. Don't follow in their footsteps!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Any updates on this? I consider CarPlay to be a bare-minimum feature for any kind of navigation app. It also needs to have most if not all of the mapping and navigation related configuration (changing layers, selecting waypoints and routes, saving a waypoint) accessible from the CarPlay interface. Gaia and OnX screw this up terribly. Don't follow in their footsteps!
I just checked the app roadmap, which you can find here by the way, it's still shown on the upcoming features list:

Integrate with Apple Carplay / Android AutoPlay

Reactions: jsalbre

jsalbre

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Meridian, Ada County, Idaho, United States
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Albrecht
Service Branch
US Air Force
I just checked the app roadmap, which you can find here by the way, it's still shown on the upcoming features list:

Integrate with Apple Carplay / Android AutoPlay
Thanks, somehow I missed the link to the roadmap. I had this thread bookmarked already from a while back so I just came back to it. Hopefully it'll move from "Soon" to "In Progress" soon. Since it is the second most upvoted feature on there I'd hope it isn't too far off!