tractor to trail

Rank III

Advocate I

N. Florida
First Name
Fred
Last Name
S
I'm going to need a spot to camp between FL and Pa. It will be a late night arrival and spend a few hours in the am....really just a place to stop and sleep. Was looking at the state park Lake Wateree in South Carolina. Really only need a primitive site electric is a plus but not needed. Any other suggestions?

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
What's your timeline? I live just off I-77 near Wateree SP. I have a large backyard that is fairly private. Water and electric would be no problem.

tractor to trail

Rank III

Advocate I

N. Florida
First Name
Fred
Last Name
S
I really appreciate the offer but would like to stay in a park. If it was just me I would take you up on it but my wife is going along and she will want to stay at a campground where she can use public facilities. Any suggestions in the area for November? Also what kind of temps are average in that area for mid November?

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder

The park is nice and should be quiet then. Not terribly far off the interstate. Maybe ten miles. Make sure you have good directions it's not near any large towns. A couple of nice little restaurants in Ridgeway and more in Blythewood right on the interstate.

Temps are generally very pleasant in November. Mosquitoes are possible year around! Nothing a Therma-Cell won't fix. November I am often on the coast fishing.

Last edited: