Camping spots Lake Jocasse and Keowee

• HTML tutorial

TheDarkKnight

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Harrisburg, NC
Member #

Hello all. I am planning a trip this weekend to head down to that area in one of my buddies spots along Lake Keowee in South Carolina. We were planning on spending the whole weekend down there. His spot you half to walk a good bit to get to his camp sight.

Does anyone know some good camp spots around that general area that we could pull up to and be close to the water. Like right on the water. Any help would be great.

We were also planning on going up to jumping off rock Overlook not sure if there are any good camping spots up there. Just trying to have a relaxing weekend on the lake with some friends. Any help would be greatly appreciated and anyone is open to meet up!

Sent from my XT1650 using OB Talk mobile app

TheDarkKnight

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Harrisburg, NC
Member #

There are some decent size campsites on Horse Pasture Road that would fit several cars, but I don't think they're right on the water. They are fairly close to Jumping Off Rock though.
Ya I heard about jumping off rock. I know those are no where near the water and it is an Overlook. I think we are planning to camp by water one night and got to over look the next. Do you know if you can still get some good views at the pull of spots by the Overlook?

Reactions: Mean Green

TheDarkKnight

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Harrisburg, NC
Member #

I didn't get to drive up into one b/c it was occupied when I was there last. It looked like it might have a decent view. I think the others were in the woods, so no mountain vistas. It's a great area to wander around, so if you get there early enough you could find something. Devil's Fork SP is on the lake as well and they have camping that is on the water, but it's a state park.

There's some camping near water along Burrell's Ford Road off 107 toward the Ga/SC state line. However, that's a little bit of a drive from where you want to be on Jocasse.
Sounds good! Preciate the help!