Launch Member

Advocate I

Harpers Ferry, WV, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Bishop
Member #

It’s quite possible my wife and I will be wanting to camp near the beach in the next week or two, so I’m looking for recommendations for campgrounds, or places from which to stay away.

We use a Jeep jk with an Ursa Minor. Not looking to camp right on the beach because of wind, so Assateague is probably out. I was looking at DE Seashore State Park. The campground is on the bay side, but walking distance to the ocean.
Thoughts? Comments?
Thanks

Wildcard

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

West Grove, PA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Lindsay
Member #

Cape Henlopen State Park. Its right off the beach and has trees and coverage so it breaks up the wind. Also provides good shade. Seashore park does not have any coverage. Plus, you can have a campfire at Henlopen State Park.

John Bishop

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Harpers Ferry, WV, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Bishop
Member #

Cape Henlopen State Park. Its right off the beach and has trees and coverage so it breaks up the wind. Also provides good shade. Seashore park does not have any coverage. Plus, you can have a campfire at Henlopen State Park.
Thank you for the input.
We were there Sunday and checked out the campground. It did look like a nice campgroun, as far as campgrounds go. We had also looked at Seashore park. It looked like it would be miserable. No shade and packed in like sardines.