FishFam_logs

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Fisher
Part of our packed camping gear includes a deck of cards, Scrabble, Spot It and UNO.
We travel with an IPAD and Switch but those are for drives alone, not the camp site.

One of the best memories I have with my family was hold up in the tent during a downpour. Played a couple games of scrabble before the weather cleared just in time for dinner. Core memory for sure. My girls will also pack a couple books to read, both are book worms.

Last trip to the Rubicon I packed a couple light up frizbees. Ended up being a hit with the kids.

keithcroshaw

Rank I

Enthusiast I

NJ, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Croshaw
Part of our packed camping gear includes a deck of cards, Scrabble, Spot It and UNO.
We travel with an IPAD and Switch but those are for drives alone, not the camp site.

One of the best memories I have with my family was hold up in the tent during a downpour. Played a couple games of scrabble before the weather cleared just in time for dinner. Core memory for sure. My girls will also pack a couple books to read, both are book worms.

Last trip to the Rubicon I packed a couple light up frizbees. Ended up being a hit with the kids.
Yeah entertainment for the kids is tough. Ours are extremely addicted to their devices, which is a problem of its own. We got a little ring if cards called camp talk that was pretty entertaining for a while. Lots of questions kids can ask each other at camp. Probably more fun at scouts camp but we enjoyed. It was nice seeing the kids faces illuminated by the fire and not a screen.

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

For the kids try bringing Lego. It’s always a hit and keeps little minds and hands active. A frisbee is a great way to get multiple people involved or to keep a dog entertained….

DintDobbs

Rank IV

Advocate II

First Name
Daniel &
Last Name
the Vulture
I might be doing it wrong, but to me "camp" and "entertainment" are non-intersecting. I am usually the last one to set up camp, and only set up camp to actually sleep. If disposed to spend much time in others' camps, I generally prefer as passive a role as possible.

Been pushing around the idea of a mini crawler RC for some time, never thought of bringing on a trip. Not sure camp sites would like them, anybody try it?

keithcroshaw

Rank I

Enthusiast I

NJ, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Croshaw
I might be doing it wrong, but to me "camp" and "entertainment" are non-intersecting. I am usually the last one to set up camp, and only set up camp to actually sleep. If disposed to spend much time in others' camps, I generally prefer as passive a role as possible.

Been pushing around the idea of a mini crawler RC for some time, never thought of bringing on a trip. Not sure camp sites would like them, anybody try it?
Some rangers gave a guy a hard time the only time I’ve ever seen anybody using one. I think most are talking about with kids in tow.

Ocean_Ranger

Rank VI

Expedition Master I

Santa Barbara, CA, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Pickton
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N6SRP (GMRS WROQ518)
+1 for ham radio. I bring my HF radio and a potable antenna. Being able to get up onto an area with better RF propagation and a super low RF noise floor is a lot of fun.

Reactions: Sparksalot

Vermeer

Rank 0

Contributor II

London
First Name
Vermeer
Last Name
Liy
We have to stick together as many seem to be falling these days.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
skysmotor.co.uk sells the following products online: closed loop stepper motor, pancake stepper motor, servo motors, planetary gearbox and can be purchased online if required.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jstrohbehn87

paul87250

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Folles, Haute-Vienne, France
First Name
paul
Last Name
Newbold
Member #

Not sure if this has been addressed or not, but thought I'd throw this out there as I am looking for a little inspiration for my entertainment bag for trips.

What all do you guys like to do for entertainment, aside from the obvious (exploring, cooking, reading, music, etc.), while hanging out around camp while out?

The memories I have involve games of Uno or horseshoes. what do you all carry in your kits to pass the time and get in some quality bonding time with other folks around you?
We have a deck of cards and a couple of games like yatzee or Uno.

Reactions: Jstrohbehn87

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
sometimes its fun to sit by the campfire and practice knots with a piece of paracord. i have learned a few good knots that have come in helpful at times. bowline on a bight and trucker's hitch have been very handy for rigging gear, etc...

1703850128473.png

DangitDad

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Wyoming
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Veltkamp
Member #

sometimes its fun to sit by the campfire and practice knots with a piece of paracord. i have learned a few good knots that have come in helpful at times. bowline on a bight and trucker's hitch have been very handy for rigging gear, etc...

View attachment 270928
You read my mind. I was looking for something like this for our next outing. Of course, my 4 boys will just use it to tie each other up, but I'll just make sure they include duct tape for some quiet time. Ha!

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Not sure camp sites would like them, anybody try it?
Another win for dispersed camping here. No need to be close enough to people to disturb them with it. And I've never had a ranger do more than drive by my dispersed campsite.