Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Oswestry, United Kingdom
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

With changing times here in GB due to BREXIT and the pandemic, I thought it might be an idea that our UK members gathered (On-line to start with) and helped gather some pace with OB. Its great to see our brothers and sisters in the US and AUZ keeping the message going and showing what they are up to (even in these difficult times).

We are facing uncertain times with loosing the open access to Europe. I wonder how we would all feel in developing and advertising throughout the membership the opportunities we have here in Blighty..??

I know that many of us are members of the "Green Lanning" organisations, but Overland is gathering pace and it would be nice to see the options available in our green land for alternatives to trips and holiday ideas..??

After looking at the member list for the UK I noticed that many of us haven't been on the site for a while. Why is that..??

We have some much to offer and over many years the experience that is in the membership we could do with a "Spring Clean" and blow out the "Cobwebs". Plus after the last year we could do with something motivating.

Its nice to belong to a worldwide group with no politics and an interesting cross section of members that get excited working towards "Overland" adventures..

Its time we show what can be done here in the UK..

Answers on a postcard...lol

Thanks for listening..

Reactions: Gav and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
With changing times here in GB due to BREXIT and the pandemic, I thought it might be an idea that our UK members gathered (On-line to start with) and helped gather some pace with OB. Its great to see our brothers and sisters in the US and AUZ keeping the message going and showing what they are up to (even in these difficult times).

We are facing uncertain times with loosing the open access to Europe. I wonder how we would all feel in developing and advertising throughout the membership the opportunities we have here in Blighty..??

I know that many of us are members of the "Green Lanning" organisations, but Overland is gathering pace and it would be nice to see the options available in our green land for alternatives to trips and holiday ideas..??

After looking at the member list for the UK I noticed that many of us haven't been on the site for a while. Why is that..??

We have some much to offer and over many years the experience that is in the membership we could do with a "Spring Clean" and blow out the "Cobwebs". Plus after the last year we could do with something motivating.

Its nice to belong to a worldwide group with no politics and an interesting cross section of members that get excited working towards "Overland" adventures..

Its time we show what can be done here in the UK..

Answers on a postcard...lol

Thanks for listening..
@Polaris Overland can you chime in on this conversations