Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

My son is looking for an overland vehicle, he is 20 and in school on a football scholarship so he can't really work so I will be helping him with the purchase. i have always liked first generation 4Runner's and this article inspired me. He may be getting a 4Runner.

Big E

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Morganton, NC
Member #

I would learn as much as I can about that drive train and be sure I could fix the 30 year old stuff that can break and wear out on the trail.

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
Interesting article and it hit most of the high points.

The fun is in the details though, after the purchase and then gaining the experience, finding out what YOU need to make your experience more enjoyable. It can turn into a lifetime of building on that budget! I would really hate to add up what $$ I've put into my budget build over the last 20 years.

Also very important, and it appears that the author of the article does this, get out and use what you built. Show trucks have no place in my world.

Reactions: Scout

SursOverland

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Good read, I watch Ronny Dahl's channel on youtube once in a while to catch up on his adventures and saw a video he did with Andrew St Pierre White from 4xOverland about how to build an overland vehicle and a lot of similar sound advice there. The heart wants to go to the catalog look (RTT, bumpers etc) but the logical side of me wants to get the necessary bits lined up before spring to get back into things and see what this truck really needs to improve our adventures.