Cumming, GA
First Name
James
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4LPZ
I know this is an old post, but going through "boot camp" searches and it popped up.

We found ourselves in a spur of the moment trip and only grabbed water, large sleeping bag, backpack camping chairs (we didn't use), fire starter (we didn't use) & ipad for Gaia. We already had in the jeep the ham radio, air compressor & recovery kit.

So the answer to your question is yes, the first thing we did after the trip was to find a forum on packing. We found and watched as many boot camp videos that we could. On our way home, we stopped by Academy Sports and bought 3 Plano cases to be better prepared to leave in under 20 minutes! (they have them on sale right now for $21.99).

T.Shack

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Red Bluff Ca.
Member #

I know this is an old post, but going through "boot camp" searches and it popped up.

We found ourselves in a spur of the moment trip and only grabbed water, large sleeping bag, backpack camping chairs (we didn't use), fire starter (we didn't use) & ipad for Gaia. We already had in the jeep the ham radio, air compressor & recovery kit.

So the answer to your question is yes, the first thing we did after the trip was to find a forum on packing. We found and watched as many boot camp videos that we could. On our way home, we stopped by Academy Sports and bought 3 Plano cases to be better prepared to leave in under 20 minutes! (they have them on sale right now for $21.99).
Wow how large were the plane cases? That seems like a great price.

#slowlaneJKU

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Cumming, GA
First Name
James
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4LPZ

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
yes sir. thought maybe it just didn't make the cut.
I've been slowly going through the couple year backlog of submitted articles, since you spoke up, i'll put yours in review right now! Look for a PM from me tonight with some information

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

I've been slowly going through the couple year backlog of submitted articles, since you spoke up, i'll put yours in review right now! Look for a PM from me tonight with some information
Thanks Brien. The ambassadors have been pretty busy lately but once Expo East is done and things settle we should be able to get back in there and work through some articles.

Reactions: brien