tractor to trail

Rank III

Advocate I

N. Florida
First Name
Fred
Last Name
S
Any input on the bodega brand fridge freezer units? I know you get what you pay for but the price point is good and the reviews I see are good also. Just wondering if anyone has had some real time with these units and how they have held up.

er waddell

Rank VI
Investor

Influencer I

Bay Colony Street, Las Vegas, Nevada 89131, United States
First Name
Earl
Last Name
Waddell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7GYU
Service Branch
United States Army
I have a Bodega 38 Quart. It is a bit of a power hog. Otherwise it works as expected. I have a larger Dometic that I felt was overkill so I bought the Bodega off of Amazon. I like the removal divider. If you think you may be without power you can freeze water bottles in one side and remove the divider to keep it cool. I have used it for only a few weeks, and can not complain.

DMS1

Rank III

Advocate I

San Dimas
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Schmitz
Some of those Bodega units look exactly like an Alpicool. I was going to buy the Alpicool T50 Dual Zone fridge Freezer but Amazon shows they are currently unavailable, so I was looking for another dual zone and noticed the Bodega has a BO-T50 which is exactly like the Alpicool T50. I might pull the trigger on it next week, waiting to see if the Alpicools come back for sale.

Lizzzarde

Rank 0

Contributor II

Portland, OR, USA
First Name
Elizabeth
Last Name
Estabrooks
Any input on the bodega brand fridge freezer units? I know you get what you pay for but the price point is good and the reviews I see are good also. Just wondering if anyone has had some real time with these units and how they have held up.
I bought a T50 about 2 months ago, and now I wish I had either spent more on something else or gone with a less expensive Alpicool. I wanted to love this, but twice now I have gotten three dashes on the refrigerator screen. Ambient temp 61, so it's not that. Vents free. Freezer is working fine. Turned off. Unplugged. Tried again. Nothing. The worst part is the horrific customer service (ok, absolutely none). There's actually no chat option, and they don't return an email. Save your $379 or whatever and buy something else.

Reactions: A Duffield

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
If you're looking for a budget fridge/freezer, you can't go wrong with setpower. They share ALOT of components with the iceco models, and they now offer a budget true dual zone as well. I have the AJ30, and it sips power.

TxasYukonXL

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Henry
Last Name
Jackson Jr
Member #

I have had the dual 53quart for about 9months no problems has done well in heat does pull a lil more power than the higher end units...added the Amazon 3yr warranty for peace of mind

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I have had the small console unit for about a year with no issues at all.
We mainly use it for the drinks and it works great for that.
Works OK for a small freezer.

Reactions: reaver