Mike
Last Name
Stern
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB7THL
Service Branch
USN Corpsman Veteran
The black series has a more solid frame and box. and a lot more luxury. such as the washer. The fresh tank of 64 gallons plus 16 drinking makes the black tank the only limiting factor. I have done a few mods already and the solid frame and box is evident. All trailers have issues but the Black series handles offroad trails better. we had problems with doors coming open and breaking hinges and wooden frame for cabinets. When you crawl under compared to NOBO you can also see differences in frame
Thanks for the input!

Rescue1

Rank I

Contributor II

Guilford County, NC, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Jones
I forgot this thread existed. I have done quite a bit of modofications to the HQ19. booth seating, all outlets on the inverter, drawers, etc. below are a few pics. If anyone wantsto know anything about the processes can always DM.
I’m interested on how you made all the outlets work off the inverter! Do they still work off shore or generator as well? I’m thinking about putting 250 watt solar panels on the roof in place of the 300 watt. Do u know if this will work using the factory stuff that’s in there already or do I have to upgrade everything else to?

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
I forgot this thread existed. I have done quite a bit of modofications to the HQ19. booth seating, all outlets on the inverter, drawers, etc. below are a few pics. If anyone wantsto know anything about the processes can always DM.
I’m interested on how you made all the outlets work off the inverter! Do they still work off shore or generator as well? I’m thinking about putting 250 watt solar panels on the roof in place of the 300 watt. Do u know if this will work using the factory stuff that’s in there already or do I have to upgrade everything else to?
So i believe ive put it in my build thread, may have made another thread? The just of it is that you need to run a sub box from the inverter then remove the outlet breaker from the main box and move it to the sub box. This will run all outlets off the inverter, but when comnected to shore power it will charge the batteries and run everything off shore power which is powering the inverfer when pluged in. When not on shore it will still run all outlets off the batteries.

I am not sure exavtly how the black series are setup now, i have changed my entire electrical system to victron, but generally the inverter/chargers opperage the same. if they are still using the 400ah agm batteries running the inverter/outlets full time is going to drain those to the 50% mark fast, so upgrading the batteries may be needed.

Reactions: Draykas

Draykas

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Buffalo, Missouri, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Sharp
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Army
We just hit our 3 year anniversary of living in our HQ19 full-time. 0 issues since a couple small things at initial purchase. It's been an unbelievably solid rig. Year 4 will be touring the American West again.
Looks awesome we have had for few months and few trips will see. Yours looks like sits higher than mine. HMMMM

Reactions: ProtonDecay

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
We just hit our 3 year anniversary of living in our HQ19 full-time. 0 issues since a couple small things at initial purchase. It's been an unbelievably solid rig. Year 4 will be touring the American West again.
The only problems I have had with mine full time in the last 1.5 years where self inflicted.

Reactions: ProtonDecay