Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Post up any good deals you find this season.

HRO currently has some holiday deals going. You are being redirected...
The banner notes this as Pre-Sale Specials, Early bird "Black Friday" special savings.
The banner also notes that the sale ends 11/28/2019, however under the specific radios the discounts are noted as good until 12/2/19 or 12/31/19 depending on the discount/coupon/rebate.
Most of the deals are from the manufacturers but HRO is doing $10-$50 off as well.

Icom:
IC-2730A - $224.95 ($20 Icom mail in rebate, $32 off HRO)
ID-4100 - $259.95 ($20 Icom mail in rebate, $50 off HRO)

Yaesu:
FT-4VR - $29.95 ($20 Yaesu mail in rebate, $10 off HRO)
FT-25R - $39.95 ($20 Yaesu mail in rebate, $10 off HRO)
FT-3200DR - $109.95 ($50 Yaesu mail in rebate, $10 off HRO)
FTM-100DR - $254.95 ($30 Yaesu mail in rebate, $20 off HRO)
FT-891 - $539.95 ($50 Yaesu mail in rebate, $50 off HRO)

Kenwood:
TM-D710G - $499.95 ($40 Kenwood coupon, $50 off HRO)
TM-281A - $119.95 ($25 Kenwood coupon, $18 off HRO)

Alinco:
DJ-MD5T - $119.95 ($30 off HRO)
DJ-500T - $79.95 ($50 off HRO)

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Buy 3, or 4, wheels and get 1 FREE through fifteen52 !

Just picked up their Turbomac HD Classic's myself. Very nice quality, and only 26lbs.

CharlieA

Rank 0

Contributor I

Australia
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Aubin
BOG OUT Vehicle Recovery Kit - Twin Pack

New Product to USA - Turns Wheels into Winches
Works Forwards and Reverse
Compact, Easy to Use
Established in Australia for over Five Years

Click Here to Amazon Store - Get 20% off with coupon code at check out.

First code: (single use only) M848-L6TMRR-2Q8VAV.
Note - each code is unique, single use only. If it doesn't work then it's been used and you can message me for a new one :) Valid to 30 November - 4 extra codes available.Amazon US Fulfillment.JPG

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
BOG OUT Vehicle Recovery Kit - Twin Pack

New Product to USA - Turns Wheels into Winches
Works Forwards and Reverse
Compact, Easy to Use
Established in Australia for over Five Years

Click Here to Amazon Store - Get 20% off with coupon code at check out.

First code: (single use only) M848-L6TMRR-2Q8VAV.
Note - each code is unique, single use only. If it doesn't work then it's been used and you can message me for a new one :) Valid to 30 November - 4 extra codes available.View attachment 128831
Well this is interesting. I'm gonna have to do some research on this....

Edit -Holy crap, that looks useful. I might go this route vs a winch...

Last edited:

CharlieA

Rank 0

Contributor I

Australia
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Aubin
Hi @reaver thanks for your feedback - engineering reports from Central Queensland University identified a unique advantage of the BOG OUT - when the vehicle is stuck or bogged because there is an obstruction against the wheel. We're happy for your feedback and thoughts - our product has been on the market in Australia for over five years and it is a different way to recover.

The angle of recovery is from the base of the wheel so it is highly efficient allowing a vehicle to move up and out of a bog, whereas a higher mounted recovery system can pull the nose of a vehicle down into a bog. When we first tested the system (see thumbnail pics below), we didn't know why BOG OUT could enable a vehicle to move up and over logs. These reports also identified that there is less load applied during recovery - 1-2 tonnes per wheel.

BTW the Black Friday offer just got better - 20% discount on price plus limited $20 discount voucher. Link to Amazon

Attachments

Reactions: leonbmx and reaver

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

MyMedic just posted 40% Off their First Aid kits! That’s a great deal!

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Hi @reaver thanks for your feedback - engineering reports from Central Queensland University identified a unique advantage of the BOG OUT - when the vehicle is stuck or bogged because there is an obstruction against the wheel. We're happy for your feedback and thoughts - our product has been on the market in Australia for over five years and it is a different way to recover.

The angle of recovery is from the base of the wheel so it is highly efficient allowing a vehicle to move up and out of a bog, whereas a higher mounted recovery system can pull the nose of a vehicle down into a bog. When we first tested the system (see thumbnail pics below), we didn't know why BOG OUT could enable a vehicle to move up and over logs. These reports also identified that there is less load applied during recovery - 1-2 tonnes per wheel.

BTW the Black Friday offer just got better - 20% discount on price plus limited $20 discount voucher. Link to Amazon
It's definitely something I'll consider. The fact that I wouldn't have to wire up yet another piece of equipment is certainly enticing. I don't have the money to but it at the moment, but soon. Unless you guys want to send me one to test and demonstrate for folks.

Reactions: CharlieA

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Baofengtech GMRS mobile radio - $150 (limited time offer):
The Midlands get better reviews, and as you, me, and others have posted on 3 different threads :laughing: , with the.... black-friday...coupon discount, the Midland radios are cheap right now. Either the GMRS ones, or the Dual Band Ham. From $149, down to $116, and they qualify for free shipping, as their over the $100 price point.

And for those reading this, the Midlands have Stateside support, not Chinese, which is a + in case of any issues.:sunglasses:

"Prerunner1982" thanks for the Links, in this thread, and the other. It will help those who might be ready to upgrade their rigs communication gear and ability.:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

EDIT: logo.pnghas now released a new discount (25%)......CYBERMONDAY. So if your still on the fence, you have another chance!

Last edited:

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Renogy Suitcase

I have had mine for years. It even fell off my roof at over 50 mph and survived. Don't put things on the roof which you expect to remember to take down. I think this is a pretty good price. Especially with a controller included.

Reactions: sabjku

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Renogy Suitcase

I have had mine for years. It even fell off my roof at over 50 mph and survived. Don't put things on the roof which you expect to remember to take down. I think this is a pretty good price. Especially with a controller included.
That is a great price! I have that same Renogy suitcase. Well made, and one of the more efficient panels.