Rank II

Enthusiast II

Colorado
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Paulson
It's kinda bittersweet to post this...

I found this forum some months ago and while I haven't been super active I've found a LOT of inspiration here, particularly in the full-sized rigs section! I love the "no judgment" culture, and the embracing of adventure, no matter what you're rolling in. I've been an avid RVer for over a decade, but recently got bit by the offroad camping bug...but not via experience. Call it fascination, and a desperate need to leave my home office and get into the garage, make a mess and get my hands really dirty. I turned my creative energies against my poor tow vehicle (hehe), and the result of the past three years of work finally hit "rev 1.0" status just a few weeks ago. Here she is....
IMG_20200718_142203199.jpgIMG_20200717_180820892_HDR.jpg

2000 Yukon XL 2500 SLE, supercharged, lifted, bumpered, bed in the back, and thanks to a ridiculous payload capacity, laden with most of the comforts of home! I went a little DIY crazy for a lot of it, but stayed professional where it counted. She's a beauty....and I'm really proud of what I've done.

And now she's for sale. :sob:

I'll see if I can find a classifieds forum and post more there, as this forum deserves to remain sales-free. So I'll just say this: thank you all for the inspiration & encouragement, the embracing of the "big girls" of the truck world, and being a generally awesome crowd. Whether she sells or not, I'll remain. I'm still an overlander, and still want to play in the dirt...I've just decided that the self-contained vehicle model isn't going to work the way I wanted it to. I'm starting work on a 6x12 cargo trailer, planning to turn it into an offroad micro toy hauler RV.