oneeleven

Rank 0

Contributor I

Kansas
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Jenkins
We are going to the Sedona area over Thanksgiving through the weekend. What can I expect for dispersed camping in the area during this time? Any suggestions for campsites and trails would be appreciated. We are driving solo, so looking for easy, but scenic trail.

bhunter74

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Rio Verde, AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
James
Member #

FR 525 will have tons of dispersed spots but for the absolute best views, go to the top of Schnebly Hill road and camp up there.

oneeleven

Rank 0

Contributor I

Kansas
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Jenkins
FR 525 will have tons of dispersed spots but for the absolute best views, go to the top of Schnebly Hill road and camp up there.
Great! Are there any worries about finding a decent spot, we're coming from Kansas, so not sure what to expect.

bhunter74

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Rio Verde, AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
James
Member #

I really don’t think so as long as you’re willing to drive a little bit further than most people. This is at the top of Schnebly Hill. Great sites overlooking Sedona.

Attachments

Reactions: oneeleven

KrelleKryl

Rank III

Advocate I

San Diego, CA
First Name
Kristian
Last Name
Andersen
FR 153A has incredible sites overlooking Sedona. We went up there on an otherwise busy weekend and we were the only ones camping out. A little rocky so requires clearance, but nothing too bad.

If you want to get away from Sedona a bit, Sycamore Canyon area is very cool with a lot of remote camping.