Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

my wife and I decided to try mounting our RRT on a small off road trailer for the less aggressive trails trips. I sketched out some plans and bought the needed steel yesterday. Today I got the basic frame welded together. I have notice a lot of people are using the Timbren axles. I found these from Flexride. Anyone have any comments?

http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=48363

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
I do not see a response to your question so here is my opinion on them. First, do you know that you posted this in the for sale section? Those do look like good axles to use as long as they are not overloaded, which should not be a problem.

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

Oh, sorry. I did not know I posted in this section. How do I remove a thread?

jscusmcvet

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Carolina
First Name
John
Last Name
Caliri
Member #

Service Branch
USMC Veteran

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

Did you go with these?
Yes I did. I am very happy with them. Construction is solid and well done. SD Truck springs are great. There was a small mixup with my order and they jumped on it and got everything straighten out. I have not used the trailer yet so they may be a little too over spring but once I get it loaded I will let you know. I have a different thread covering the build

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: jscusmcvet