Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Brendon
Last Name
P
Member #

I’m thinking about getting a set of screen walls for my Tepui 6ft vehicle awning. Would be nice to have an area to hang out away from the bugs and not have to constantly reapply spray. We’re based in SE Texas so anywhere in weekend driving distance has pretty gnarly mosquitoes most of the year.

Does anyone have one of those all-screen awning rooms? Is it worth the price, space it takes up, and setup effort?

kwill

Rank II

Enthusiast III

TX
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Williams
I have the ARB version which can be zipped open to screen walls or zipped down to be an enclosed tent. Works great.

Reactions: Gone_xtrkn

kwill

Rank II

Enthusiast III

TX
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Williams
Pretty easy. You run a rubber rope through a channel in the awning and the rest just clips to the upright poles. This isn't a great picture but shows it set up in my garage.IMG_0115.jpg

jeepers29

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Georgetown, TX, USA
Member #

We also have the ARB awniong and screen room. I can set up the entire thing in about 5 minutes if it is not windy. With wind, you would have to guy the awning before setting up the room. Great system.

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
We have the wall set with zip-open screen windows for our Howling Moon 2.1 Safari Awn. It’s one of the most used pieces of kit. As a wall set, we’ve got protection against inclement weather, bugs, or using just the awning and one side, wind or sun. I think it’s definitely worth it.

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
We have the wall set with zip-open screen windows for our Howling Moon 2.1 Safari Awn. It’s one of the most used pieces of kit. As a wall set, we’ve got protection against inclement weather, bugs, or using just the awning and one side, wind or sun. I think it’s definitely worth it.
Great! I have also the wall-set for my Howling Moon Safari 1400 (mounted at the rear of the rig). Easy to use and quick to install and uninstall with just a few clips and velcro. It´s definetly worth ist and gives some extra space for living if its colder or rainy.

Reactions: NotGumby