Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Jayson
Last Name
Adamsen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD7WCD
Just chiming in... We just bought a house in Prescott, AZ.
Previously from Texas but spent the past almost 6 years traveling full-time.
Looking forward to checking out the trails and dry camping here.
Nice. AZ can give a whole new meaning to dry camping.

0verlander

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Prescott, AZ, USA
First Name
Edward
Last Name
Edward
So true! Growing up in north Texas, I had no idea there were places you could go and just "roam" freely for hours, even days, and camp for FREE!
I remember having to drive an hour just to get to a place where we could go "wheeling" and then paying a fee to get in! or paying to camp.
We also don't have to worry about being killed by monster hail or tornadoes every time we see a dark cloud!
We really like the Prescott area and the fact that within 2 hours we can be above seven thousand feet (Flag) where it's currently snowing, or down south in the desert around Phoenix. It'll take us years to explore all the trails here!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Just chiming in... We just bought a house in Prescott, AZ.
Previously from Texas but spent the past almost 6 years traveling full-time.
Looking forward to checking out the trails and dry camping here.
Welcome, from Sierra Vista!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
So true! Growing up in north Texas, I had no idea there were places you could go and just "roam" freely for hours, even days, and camp for FREE!
I remember having to drive an hour just to get to a place where we could go "wheeling" and then paying a fee to get in! or paying to camp.
We also don't have to worry about being killed by monster hail or tornadoes every time we see a dark cloud!
We really like the Prescott area and the fact that within 2 hours we can be above seven thousand feet (Flag) where it's currently snowing, or down south in the desert around Phoenix. It'll take us years to explore all the trails here!
Crown King is beautiful and you can take the old Senator hwy out of Prescott to get there, right in your own back yard.

KD7WCD

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Influencer I

Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Jayson
Last Name
Adamsen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD7WCD
Oh yea. You get it. We are year round in AZ.

Now is a great time to be doing some of the lower desert exploring and camping. Still an get cold at night, but it is nothing like winter camping I grew up with in Montana.

UAmatt89

Rank IV

Advocate II

Sierra Vista, AZ, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Carroll
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6HNY
Service Branch
USAF retired
New member just joined on Leap Day from Sierra Vista. I've done my share of 4WD exploring in California, Colorado, Baja and Arizona in the past but starting to dust off my driving skills and discover overlanding with like-minded folks in Southern Arizona. My most memorable trip was leading a small group down Baja, switching off between beach camping, hotels and wherever else we found ourselves. If anyone is interested in shorter trips on a weekend or day I'd like to meet up and explore.

tempImagegTGLpm.png

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
New member just joined on Leap Day from Sierra Vista. I've done my share of 4WD exploring in California, Colorado, Baja and Arizona in the past but starting to dust off my driving skills and discover overlanding with like-minded folks in Southern Arizona. My most memorable trip was leading a small group down Baja, switching off between beach camping, hotels and wherever else we found ourselves. If anyone is interested in shorter trips on a weekend or day I'd like to meet up and explore.

View attachment 274717
Hello Matt, welcome to Overland Bound. Blessings for your service, thank you very much!