Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
So I had the wonderful opportunity to use the ARB traction boards this last weekend. Took the truck and trailer out to the Owyhee mountians to take advantage of the nice weather. the roads wearn't too bad, until they were. The mud pulled the truck from the middle of the road into a ditch that was pasty mud, the kind that sticks to everything and sucks everything in.

The boards held up great, even with the 2500 on them they didnt break and where able to give traction. Would have been an easy out with just the boards if I had a set of 4, but with only two boards I tried doing it with the least traction wheels and, almost got it. Got about 3/4 out of the ditch before it sucked me back down. Luckily a friend with his Tacoma was with me, hooked up the tow strap, and still used the ARB boards for more traction. It really would have sucked for both of use to get stuck, but got out safely.

I really like the boards and they worked very well keeping traction, and held up to everything I threw at it. Unfortunately I dont have many pictures, it wasnt until after I got unstuck that I thought about taking some. Here is a picture of the rut, and you can see a little where the mud started to drag me.

Attachments

Last edited:

Shortstack.rn

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Last Name
Laird
Member #

Sounds like we had a similar weekend lol. I got stuck in a hole that had mud like I've never seen in my GA area. We were in TN. The mud was so sticky and just sectioned my rig to the earth! I too wish I had 4 traction boards, would have cut the time of getting out. It was my first time using my boards and despite the hour long work manipulating the boards to different wheels, they didn't let me down!

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Sounds like we had a similar weekend lol. I got stuck in a hole that had mud like I've never seen in my GA area. We were in TN. The mud was so sticky and just sectioned my rig to the earth! I too wish I had 4 traction boards, would have cut the time of getting out. It was my first time using my boards and despite the hour long work manipulating the boards to different wheels, they didn't let me down!
Good you got out! lessons learned... get 2 more boards.

Reactions: Shortstack.rn

Shortstack.rn

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Last Name
Laird
Member #

Good you got out! lessons learned... get 2 more boards.
I just have to say, my boards are not ARB or Maxxtracs... just the X-Bull brand from Amazon that are way kinder to the wallet and they worked great!

Reactions: Soarer_Dave and K12

NMBruce

Rank V

Advocate II

Pagosa Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0NBD
Service Branch
U.S. Air Force
I have the Ironman version of the ARB boards, like the way they stack together and was thinking of getting a couple more, you just helped me decide

Reactions: Shortstack.rn

Shortstack.rn

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Last Name
Laird
Member #

I have the Ironman version of the ARB boards, like the way they stack together and was thinking of getting a couple more, you just helped me decide
Having a second set would have cut my recovery time by a lot this weekend I feel!

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
They stack together fantastic. I always looked at it as "two will be fine" not wanting to spend the money. But a second set will likely be a recent purchase, pocketbook permitting.

Shortstack.rn

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Last Name
Laird
Member #

They stack together fantastic. I always looked at it as "two will be fine" not wanting to spend the money. But a second set will likely be a recent purchase, pocketbook permitting.
Same here!!!