Rank V

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

I've been looking for a decent priced 100w panel to use as I'm just getting started, preferably without dropping a ton of coin since for a while at least my trips will be few and far between. I tried one that seemed to be slightly incompatible with the MPPT controller in the ToGo Power Advance units. No matter how much sun, it got 12 watts charging power. Hobotech had a video a year ago with a similar thing where the Rockpals seemed to have trouble charging Bluetti units while the Solar Saga had no problem, and it seemed to be the voltage wasn't quite good enough for the MPPT controller.

Came across this one on Amazon today. Pretty much a Solar Saga knockoff, but it seems a lot of times these things roll out of the same factory and just get different branding, so not sure what to think. Has anyone seen this? If it's a case of the same factory kind of thing, getting a Solar Saga 100 for about half the price is not a bad thing.

DSF SP100

Last edited:

DRAX

Rank V

Advocate I

Monticello, IL
First Name
Hogan
Last Name
Whittall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W9DRX
Looks like this was posted before it was complete? No links and an incomplete sentence at the end. Whoops!

Moebius01

Rank V

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

Looks like this was posted before it was complete? No links and an incomplete sentence at the end. Whoops!
Weird, the link was there when I previewed along with the extra text which was basically just makes me a little nervous and wondering if anyone has seen it.

DSF SP100

static

Rank III

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area, CA
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Pruden
Member #

That’s pretty fishy. It definitely looks like the Jackery panel. However, they claim theirs is IP65 waterproof. I have the Jackery panel, and they make no such claim; in fact they caution that they are not even water resistant and should not get wet.

I would proceed with caution.

Kris

Tundracamper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

The reviews seem good. Not sure how it could be immersed. Hopefully this will help drive the price of other units down a bit:)

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this rolled off the same assembly line as the Jackery units but with a different label. Or possibly units that didn't quite make whatever QA standards the Jackerys have.

Reactions: MiamiC70