Enthusiast I

Ackerman, Choctaw County, Mississippi, United States
First Name
Murphy
Last Name
Dobbs
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5ODM
This coming june I'm planning on leaving out from Central MS with a destination point of dead horse Alaska, It's been in the plans for a while.

The reason I'm here is I would really like to be able to get off the beaten path while in Alaska, but with only one vehicle it wouldn't be wise. So as of right now the most difficult road I'm taking is the Dalton or the dempster, and another option is to find someone while I'm there to show me around. So my question is anyone interested in meeting in Alaska and seeing some beautiful country side? Of course the trip is much more detailed than this. If not it's fine. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

Reactions: Alaska

Badazzerus

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Gurley, AL, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Collins
Member #

We are planning the same trip to Alaska. we are trying to go mid may or end of may. maybe we can link up

Dave in AZ

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Arizona, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Mac
Lol, sorry, this just made me think how huge AK is, it's like one person could be in Greece and the other in London. No offense intended, and I hope you can meet up with someone though ;)
Sq0VscIgTqqUyvDP_uUwKOxBDW0F3AEdD1T1a7263bI.png

Redruby

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Arizona
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Blau
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO7SHR
I was there last summer for 3 months, I did not meet up with anyone and I had no issues with the roads and I did run into others on the dirt roads traveling alone