Anyone have experience with East Coast Gear Supply?

• HTML tutorial

ryanorr280

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wewoka, Seminole County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Orr
Member #

We have a 5th gen 4Runner on 285/70/17’s. Since swapping to larger tires, it shifts down a lot now. Plus, with the camper when we go to the lake the tranny temp climbs higher than I like. I don’t use overdrive with the camper at all. Rarely even when I have the kayaks on top even after switching tires out. I created a problem with bigger tires... but that’s how it goes sometimes

I say that, to ask this. Has anyone had personal experience with the company East Coast Gear Supply?

I found them online, and they make loaded 3rd members that I can just swap into my 4Runner to lower the gearing to compensate for the extra weight/load. It will likely be around next winter when I do this. But, I’m gathering info on how I should go on doing it. I also have a fairly local (about 60 miles away) shop that is reputable. However, I like the idea of just swapping new 3rd members in so I’m not without the car so long.

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
I know several people that have used them and have been happy. If I ever regear I will very likely use them as well. My 2 cents for what it's worth.

Reactions: ryanorr280

ryanorr280

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wewoka, Seminole County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Orr
Member #

I know several people that have used them and have been happy. If I ever regear I will very likely use them as well. My 2 cents for what it's worth.
thanks for the input. Everything I read online says they are the great to both work with, and quality. But, I like to hear from people I know haven’t been influenced before trusting online reviews only.

Sounds like I’ll be calling them when I get some spare change. Lol

Reactions: 1Louder