San Gabriel, CA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Old
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRJK336; HAM:
I have a 2019 F150 STX 2.7L. I’ve had this setup for about 2 years.

Mods include:
35” Raptor Takeoffs
Fox 2.0 shocks
RCI skids
Diode Dynamics Lighting (figs, ditch, and lower grill)
Auxbeam switch relay
KB Voodoo 16” Bedrack
Gazelle T8 tent (for family of 5)
I've heard good things about the Raptor Takeoffs on an F150 and want to go that route, I've heard with a 2.5" level there is no trimming or cutting of crash bars needed, and no rubbing. Has that been your experience?
Driving on paved roads, I have never rubbed. That includes quick U-turns, freeway exits, etc.

Just recently, I did rub the crash bars a couple times (minor rub) on the White Rim Trail in Utah. But, both times were super steep descents into a sharp switchback. My truck was also fully loaded with weight, near/at full payload. Personally, I like the peace of mind of keeping my crash bars, so I can live with the minor rubbing.

Reactions: Motley_Screw

Motley_Screw

Rank IV

Traveler III

Orange County, CA, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Bajema
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6VPJ
Driving on paved roads, I have never rubbed. That includes quick U-turns, freeway exits, etc.

Just recently, I did rub the crash bars a couple times (minor rub) on the White Rim Trail in Utah. But, both times were super steep descents into a sharp switchback. My truck was also fully loaded with weight, near/at full payload. Personally, I like the peace of mind of keeping my crash bars, so I can live with the minor rubbing.
Thanks for the info, I'm going to start looking for some takeoff's

Reactions: Big Blue

Explorador

Rank IV

Traveler III

Aliquippa, Beaver County, Pennsylvania, United States
First Name
Elvin
Last Name
Ocasio
Member #

Service Branch
US SRMY
I have a 2019 F150 STX 2.7L. I’ve had this setup for about 2 years.

Mods include:
35” Raptor Takeoffs
Fox 2.0 shocks
RCI skids
Diode Dynamics Lighting (figs, ditch, and lower grill)
Auxbeam switch relay
KB Voodoo 16” Bedrack
Gazelle T8 tent (for family of 5)
I've heard good things about the Raptor Takeoffs on an F150 and want to go that route, I've heard with a 2.5" level there is no trimming or cutting of crash bars needed, and no rubbing. Has that been your experience?
I have Raptor wheels in my xts with 315 70 on KM3. I have Bilstein up front with a 1/4in spacer and a 1in block in the back. NO rubbing at full lock or in articulation.

Attachments

WTSMatt

Rank V

Advocate I

Monterey, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Stoddard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6TZY
Service Branch
Fire
This is awesome. I am brand new to the Overland Scene and I have 2016 3.5 EB that I will be working with. Is there anything you would do different if you started all over again?
This is my daily, and I can’t decide on 33’s or 35’s to begin with. Anyway, I would love to see yours all done if you are willing to post pictures.
I'll get some pics up soon, waiting on my Prinsu to come in and get mounted. As far as doing over again I would of upgraded my suspension sooner than I did. The difference between spacer lift and good suspension is night and day. Probably would of looked to materials such as aluminum instead of steel to keep weight down. Aluminum is more expensive but with steel front/rear bumpers, sliders and skids the weight really adds up. I'm happy with my 35's, it's my daily driver as well. My off-road mechanic said if you can fit a bigger tire without rubbing than go with that, it'll help offroad. I apologize for the massive delay in responding to your questions. Pics coming soon.

Cort

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Grand Rapids
First Name
Cort
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8GQL
There is a link to my 2015 F150 crew cab 6.5’ bed overlander in my sig. I haven’t done much to it except maintenance since my last post. I have over 180k miles on it now and will be replacing it with a 2023 F350 amd ATOverland Atlas.

the F150 has been an amazing truck, looking back I wouldn’t have done much differently. My wants and some of my needs have changed as has my adventuring hence the change.
Good luck with your F150 build, feel free to shoot me any questions if I can help.

Reactions: WTSMatt

Red Tail Ray

Rank I

Contributor III

First Name
Justin
Last Name
Ray
I love my Tremor.
Found a 400a package in Agate Metallic Black close to home and the old escape was going downhill fast. Pulled the trigger in April and haven't had more fun in any previous vehicle! Even my 99 2door Tahoe.
Mods are minimal so far. Soft cover, wheel well liners, bed liner, mud flaps (rocks), Garmin mini dashcam, oil separator, and some Heretic ditch lights and 10" bar in the grill.
IMG_20220910_132406.jpgIMG_20220729_100549.jpgIMG_20220409_141620.jpgIMG_20220410_070242.jpgIMG_20220408_200910.jpg

Reactions: MazeVX

Ironceltic

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hamilton, Caldwell County, Missouri, United States
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Manning
We have a 2011 F150 Fx4 w/3.5 eco. Bought with a few upgrades and have done a lot more since, some was changing existing things. We've been chasing a vibration problem since April but love Ruby Red and look forward to hitting some trails which are more than just two-tracking around NW Missouri. This is an old pic when we first got her and had added the grill guard, a lot has changed since then...truck.jpg

Reactions: RaD Overlanding

Bravo_Sierra

Rank I

Enthusiast I

El Dorado County, CA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Sierra
Just (mostly) finished the DIY bed rack on my 2013 F150, still in primer. It’s a 3.5L eco boost 4x4 with the heavy duty payload package. Added Bilstein 6112 up front and 5160 out back, 285/75/17E Cooper AT3 XLT. CVT Denali RTT.

94DA3E6A-0526-4B90-929E-DE9EA21CE8CF.jpeg

Reactions: RaD Overlanding

JBear223

Rank II

Enthusiast III

California
First Name
John
Last Name
Behrens
I have a 2019 F150. Ill add pics later. Im a bit overboard with the shocks but I like the King adjustable coilovers. I have Deaver +3 HD Leafs, ride is great with those and keeps me pretty level with a moderate load.
Ikon DeltaJoint UCA with Method wheels and 285/75-17 Falken Wildpeaks.
Ive added an RSI Smartcap, Frontrunner Rack with various side and rear lighting controlled by a Switch Pro. An Awning and storage on the rack is upcoming, TBD.
National Luna battery box with charge controller is mounted in the bed with an Ironman 4x4 slimline water container mounted up against the bulkhead (slimline model). Electric pump for the water with sprayhead. ARB Twin airpump is also mounted in the bed with the BuiltRight Molle panels.
I'll be adding a fridge on a slide, just have to figure out the mounting and will have to build a box to go over the fridge so I can stuff gear on top of the fridge.

travisn000

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Oregon
My setup so far..
6112/5160 Bilstein's, w. RAS springs in rear, Maxxis AT tires (285/65/r20: 34.7x11.6)
Bak x4s hard rolling bed cover
Adarac bed rack
RTT on the bed rack... tried to keep it low for handling and parking at home/work
IceCo fridge goes in the back seat, powered off the accessory battery behind the seat (fridge has low voltage cut-off to protect the battery):

..also picked up a battery box, but haven't used it yet: