Launch Member

Traveler III

Puerto Rico
First Name
Edgar
Last Name
Serra
Member #

Hey!!! I'm from Aguadilla, PR... But I'm currently living in Dominican Republic... Will be going to PR in April for a couple of weeks!!
You must have known this was coming Would love to see if we have other members in PR to connect with! View attachment 12400

Attachments

Reactions: Motor Gypsy Pair

CigarBar

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Would "Central America - > Puerto Rico" be appropriate? I know sometimes its considered North America!
Hi Michael, Puerto Rico is a territory of the United States. It became a U.S. territory in 1898, following the Spanish–American War, the United States appropriated Puerto Rico together with most former Spanish colonies under the terms of the Treaty of Paris.

With approximately 3.5 million residents, Puerto Rico is the most highly populated of all United States territories. People who are born in Puerto Rico are U.S. citizens.

In 1952 the US Congress passed a law changing the term territory to "commonwealth” but as an incorporated territory.

I can go into a full history class here but for the purpose of setting us on the map....we are part of the island that for the Caribbean archipelago......yes I was born there! And did some amazing weeklong inter-island Kayaking.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Motor Gypsy Pair

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Barranquitas, Puerto Rico
Member #

Boricua!
If you ever come to Portland I can host for you. I'm from island too my friend!

Big thanks! And back at ya... We love NW Oregon! We spent a year in the Astoria area and I have a niece headed out that way soon so it's back on the list! PLUS a great stop on a Big Alaska Run we are trying to plan!

Reactions: Michael

CigarBar

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Big thanks! And back at ya... We love NW Oregon! We spent a year in the Astoria area and I have a niece headed out that way soon so it's back on the list! PLUS a great stop on a Big Alaska Run we are trying to plan!
Compay! Alaska!!! I'll share with you why I'm on this forum....this is at the heart of my dreams and something I can't explain but it happened.
So, when I was growing up in PR I was in the boy scouts Troop 11 La Piedad in Isla Verde. LOL... don't know if you remember the old handbooks but I had a vivid imagination of going to the pine forests as depicted on the Boy's Life magazines...wow...so that was 40 years ago (OMG). And whatever you wish hard enough in life BECOMES TRUE ! Fast forward to present day and many circumstances that where ment to be...I now live in Portland, Oregon surrounded by what use to be the pictures in my old handbook....I'm in heaven my my friend. Do I miss my island? You bet, like a Coqui.

Then I came up with this crazy idea...hey if I'm up here, might as well prep the jeep and make a run to Alaska and a run to Cabo San Lucas. So, if at some point in time you decide to make a run for Alaska...I'm up for it.
Saludos !

Reactions: Motor Gypsy Pair

Motor Gypsy Pair

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

O
Compay! Alaska!!! I'll share with you why I'm on this forum....this is at the heart of my dreams and something I can't explain but it happened.
So, when I was growing up in PR I was in the boy scouts Troop 11 La Piedad in Isla Verde. LOL... don't know if you remember the old handbooks but I had a vivid imagination of going to the pine forests as depicted on the Boy's Life magazines...wow...so that was 40 years ago (OMG). And whatever you wish hard enough in life BECOMES TRUE ! Fast forward to present day and many circumstances that where ment to be...I now live in Portland, Oregon surrounded by what use to be the pictures in my old handbook....I'm in heaven my my friend. Do I miss my island? You bet, like a Coqui.

Then I came up with this crazy idea...hey if I'm up here, might as well prep the jeep and make a run to Alaska and a run to Cabo San Lucas. So, if at some point in time you decide to make a run for Alaska...I'm up for it.
Saludos !

O. M. G. This is the definition of fate and kismet! My dad was a Regional Exec in Michigan and Illinois for the Boy Scouts! I (Mary, the female side of this wandering pair) went to Philmont as a kid and I have a helluva patch collection to share with you one day!

And yes... travelling is more fun with, well, more! We work in the Nuclear power outage world... so we work a bit and then are off for a bit. Oddly enough we ALSO want to do the Baja Mexico run! Sooooo.... next summer might be on the table :-) Let's definitely keep in touch!

Is this a GREAT group or what!?

Buen dia compadre!

TDAWG

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Pawtucket, RI/ Fort Lauderdale, FL/ Alta, Utah
First Name
TDawg
Last Name
Rodriguez
Member #

Are you currently there? My husband is in Barranquitas working on our place. I'm sure he would love an afternoon of company on the roads! Hope that you and yours made it through the hurricanes safe...

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app
Sorry Motor Gypsy Pair I’m not.
At the moment I’m laid up in a Rhode Island hospital. My diabetes sneaked up & kicked my butt. Hopefully we can find some more Boricua’s up in here. So Feliz año nuevo.

Motor Gypsy Pair

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Sorry Motor Gypsy Pair I’m not.
At the moment I’m laid up in a Rhode Island hospital. My diabetes sneaked up & kicked my butt. Hopefully we can find some more Boricua’s up in here. So Feliz año nuevo.
Oh dear! Be nice to the nurses and get better soon! One of these days we can happily host a gathering on the island [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app