Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

She probably needs glasses as well as a front camera lol.
Brand new driver. She had registered the car only 3 days prior, so no real driving experience. And yet she was driving a Honda Accord from within the last 10 years or so. For what used to be a little car, they have gotten very long and wide. She probably had no experience judging a hood that long. And she said she panicked and hit the gas after initial impact. Poor kid. The whole side of her car looks like a tuna can

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Brand new driver. She had registered the car only 3 days prior, so no real driving experience. And yet she was driving a Honda Accord from within the last 10 years or so. For what used to be a little car, they have gotten very long and wide. She probably had no experience judging a hood that long. And she said she panicked and hit the gas after initial impact. Poor kid. The whole side of her car looks like a tuna can
Awe man poor thing :(

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
I use the one on my Jeep JK every time that I go i to reverse. But mine it also a rearview camera as well.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Awe man poor thing :(
Not really, it’s a cheap easy lesson for her. My grandson had a similar experience, totaled a Honda with his dads 4 runner. Thankfully in a parking lot at low speed. I expressed no sympathy for him and ya know what? He got it.

• Haha
Reactions: RoarinRow

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Not really, it’s a cheap easy lesson for her. My grandson had a similar experience, totaled a Honda with his dads 4 runner. Thankfully in a parking lot at low speed. I expressed no sympathy for him and ya know what? He got it.
Right. This is life sending a warning shot across her bow. Better here than on I-90 at 80mph. I hope she gets it. I know that I was stubborn and it took me years to really become a courteous driver. That doesnt mean I'm not swearing in my car, it just means my actual driving decisions are more thought out.

Reactions: MOAK and RoarinRow

Selectivelynoncompliant

Rank III

Enthusiast III

KS, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Harrod
Member #

I often Ask myself how we got by without them all those years and I am reminded of that every time I put the Toyota in reverse. Its probably an upgrade in its future

Last edited:

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

I have a backup camera in my 14 GMC Sierra. The lady has a backup camera AND the backup radar in her 13 GMC Terrain Denali. Personally, I find that between the two, the radar if more beneficial. There are circumstances of bright sun where the camera is bleached out - either through the lense or through the window onto the screen itself - and instances of rain where the camera is subject to water droplets on the lense making it tough to discern what's behind. The radar is unaffected by these conditions. Though it might not show you an image, it tells you that theres a reason to stop with more dependability than the camera, in my opinion. Wish my truck had the backup radar as well or even instead of the camera

Ldstruckn

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Ivins, Utah, United States
First Name
joseph
Last Name
johnson
Member #

Service Branch
US ARMY
I got a set of four wireless cameras with a monitor that is designed for 18 wheelers. I mounted one on my gobi ladder that activates w reverse lights and another in the grill. Two back ups. This has saved me from hitting rocks and little old ladies all the same